☑ -lechic

Mental Breakdown Reviews ★ (╥﹏╥) ★ ☰ ARCHIVES
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
  [CONTENTID1]Archive: Review for -lechic[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]Our Denouement[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]

Story Title: Our Denouement

Author: -lechic

Main Characters: Bomi, Chorong, Kyungsoo, Jongin

Genre: Drama, Romance

Status: On-going

Description of Story: After a tragic event in which one relationship was shattered, while another bloomed, Yoon Bomi headed off to Cambridge to acquire her college degree in English literature. At the news of her sister's engagement, she hesitantly abandoned her humble one-bedroom apartment that she has grown to adore, and took a nerve-racking flight back to Korea, only to be met by an unforeseen event. It quickly occurred to Bomi that, perhaps, she wasn't fated for that devastating ending she had envisioned. Maybe, just maybe, her denouement would include him after all. 

 

 

 

CRITIQUE:

Story Title: 4/5

The title is quite unique; I have not seen a title comparable to this around AFF. I get the use of words which is evidently the central concept of this fanfic. So, well done with that. 
I also loved the fact that it didn’t give the whole plot away. It revealed the perfect amount. 
Nonetheless, I have to be frank, as part of the audience, this wouldn’t be an intriguing title. I would have just simply skipped it. 

 

Graphics: 8/10

The poster is adorable! It certainly goes well fitted with your writing style. 
I also liked the quote you used, although the text is a bit too small for my taste; I don’t think that would’ve been you’re fault. 
I liked the font style and colour you used, grey and Georgia – a great combination; clear and not an eye-sore. 
I also recommend adding a background though; just to further enhance the aesthetics. 

 

Description and Foreword: 8/10

Your description made the perfect impression to allure the reader into clicking ‘Next’, 
Although, I did get confused in the part where Kyungsoo was introduced as Chorong’s fiancée. All you said was “one relationship was shattered, while another bloomed” I just assumed that Chorong was engaged to Jongin. But, I guess I did liked how you didn’t give too much away about this “unforeseen event,” however, you should elaborate on it. Give it a title instead calling it an ‘event’. Was it a specific day? An occasion? Make the reader understand what you are talking about rather than having this disconnection. 

 

Characterization: 6/10

It is clear that Bomi is stubborn and melancholic due to her sister’s betrayal. 
But, that’s all we can depict through your character portrayal. At the beginning, the reader feels very detached from the main character. There is not much character information and not much emotion taking place – also reinforces this disconnection between the main character and the reader. 
There were some confusing parts around the part where Kyungsoo was introduced. Did Bomi expect it was Jongin? Add emotion – by doing so, it adds just a teeny tiny bit more amount of detail into character development. I wasn’t sure what she was feeling at all during the time Chorong was begging for forgiveness. Sure, she was smiling and saying it all okay. But is that how she really feels? 
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter