☑ kyungbaby

Mental Breakdown Reviews ★ (╥﹏╥) ★ ☰ ARCHIVES
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Calling for kyungbaby

"10 Stupid Reasons To Why I Hate Park Chanyeol"

Author: kyungbaby

Main Characters: Byun Baekhyun and Park Chanyeol

Genre: Crack, Fluff, Romance, Romcom

Status: Completed

Description of Story:
I, Byun Baekhyun, will simply put down all the reasons to why I hate that altitudenous giant named Park Chanyeol.
Enjoy.
Or not.
Frankly, I do not give a .




 

Critique:

Story Title: 3/5

Let's start off by giving you some insights of how important story titles are. Titles are the most important determiners of whether your writing will be read. It's all based on first impression. Your plot, characterization, consistency and your graphics may be over-the-top, but if your title is not tat eye-catching, your readers might get attracted and may just walk over your story without sparing a glance. Normally, people make a first impression with appearance, wardrobe and body language. Stories do it with a title, so I think titles are extremely important. A title creates anticipation and expectation or, perhaps, disinterest. Often the title is what will determine whether or not someone reads a story.

In your case, well your title is definitely eye-catching, and it's very relevant to the scenes portrayed in the chapters itself; however, it's too long. Choosing the right title for your story is really important. By choosing the right title, you're already planning on how you will "market" your story here on AFF. Remembers, titles should be easy to remember. It's hard to tell a neighbor or a colleague about a story if the title's too long and complicated, or hard to pronounce. It's a good idea to keep things clear and simple. Also, that title of yours is too common. I remember reading a story with nearly the same title as yours, although the characters are different. I researched as well and there are a lot of stories with common titles, so I can't say that your title is unique. Hmm... I might recommend something like a main title? For example, you change your title with a shorter one that is relevant to the story, and that title of yours could be placed below it at the poster. For example: Words Can Kill. You put detestation as your main title of the story, and for your poster, you put Words Can Kill, then below it would be "10 Stupid Reasons as to Why I Hate Park Chanyeol" [?] What I mean is that you'll make a main title and a supporting title, wherein the supporting title complements the main... something like that. This is just an example of mine and I am absolutely not forcing you to change the title. I'm just purely expressing my opinion. Anyway, your title is good I guess, but yeah. I think my recommendation is weird as well, so yeah. Do ignore this one. Oh, and it should be "as to why..." wherein I added 'as' and it should be in lowercase together with 'to'.

Overall, I guess your title is fine, but it came out too long for me that it might be hard for the story to get remembered through the title. But yeah. It's very relevant, and I think that changing the title would ruin the story's format so... I guess a grade of 3 suits this section; 2 points deducted for the title's length.

 

Graphics: 7/10

Your poster was simple yet somehow eye-catching since the colors blended well, and the fact that Baekhyun and Chanyeol's poses complemented each other did the job. However, I think that there's a better picture to be used for the characters still, like something that will portray Baekhyun hating Chanyeol or something, or something that elaborated the title of your story. But still, the poster is cute and fluffy indeed. The capitalization of the title is no longer a problem since all are in uppercase. I also admire how your background complements the poster.

My next issue would be the place where you put the title. First of all, I get the arrow you put at the middle, implying that the first box should be the first one read then the second one; however, the readers, like me, might read the box at the top, which will make confusion. I mean, it's weird since the first time I read it, I was like "Park Chanyeol 10 Reasons to Why I Hate? Whaaa?" So yeah. The fact that you divided it and placed the last words above made it complicated. A simple way would be to combine it instead and put it below. Simple as done, but yeah. It might look dull and boring, so I guess adding some effects and some designs here and there might do the trick.

Another issue I'd like to point out is the black background thingy you put behind. I don't know if it's put like that for added design or something, but I don't see any significance. At first, I thought it was a crack or something, that might signify something in the story. It turns out I was wrong? But I guess that's just me. So overall, I guess the poster is fine except for the title placement. I don't think you need to request for graphics from graphic shops since yours is cute enough.

 

Description and Foreword: 5/10

Let's begin with your description. Honestly, I have no issue with your description whatsoever. It already stated what is needed to be said. Its straight-forwardness did the job, and I think you don't need to add something. There's no problem with the description's grammar as well except for the word 'altitudenous'. It should be 'altitudinous' which means indefinitely high.

On the other hand, I think that there's too many empty spaces on your main page. Honestly, it's best to make use of that space. Try to attract your readers with words such as putting a sneak peek in your foreword, or maybe a prologue might be nice. Or you could put the short outline of those 10 reasons, but make sure that you don't put all the information there is. A simple sentence or phrase portraying that reason might be nice, just like those sentences you put at the beginning of your chapters. Also, you put > I love you Byun Baekhyun! < on your foreword. What's with that sentence? I mean, there's no sense i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter