☑ chubbyfaceDiVa

Mental Breakdown Reviews ★ (╥﹏╥) ★ ☰ ARCHIVES
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Calling for chubbyfaceDiVa

"It's More Trust than Love"

Author: chubbyfaceDiVa

Main Characters: Park Yoochun + OC + Song Joongki

Genre: Drama, Romance

Status: On-going

Description of Story:
Ever wonder what it feels like to live in a house of cards?
A house looks that safe and secure, but tumbles down at the gentlest puffs of air.
Such was the life of a 25-year-old Fashion House CEO, Shin Han KyungSoon.
Will she be able to rebuild her world from scratch?
If yes, will she do so alone or can she rediscover that everybody needs somebody to survive with?
 


 

Critique:

Story Title: 3/5

First, I have to comment on the placing of the title, using a comparison between both trust and love is a good idea as many relationship lacks trust or maybe both so I liked these two highlights in the title. However, I didn't like how you structured the title by writing 'It's More' than following with a noun. Personally, the title sounded weird after I read it out loud for several times. After reading the current five chapters, a short summary is how Kyungsoon managed her after-divorce life and how she discover her father's plots, then she went to JYJ's party and Junsu droved her home when she was unconsious. These 5 chapters had no abosolute connection with the title. Thus, I would not consider this as the best choice.

 

Graphics: 7/10

I guess this graphic wasn't made by you but I'll just give you some opinions and comments that I had in my mind when I first saw it. In my opinion, the graphic is a little too red, the characters' faces are at different skin-tones; most of their skin were at different shades of red and of course we can't forget the red title. So, I felt extremely uncomfortable seeing the graphic due to the overuse of red. Don't get me wrong, I'm not an anti of the colour red. In graphic designing, excessive red are more for the horror genre. Thus, it would be best for you to be specific in requesting next time. Ask for light colours to depict the romance genre. Also the poster is large but the characters are all tightly squeezed in a corner, so it's not really ideal.

Next, I have to say that the quote sounds wrong too. 
"I had hoped to get your love...but I guess next time I'll have to hope for trust instead."

For 'had' the next noun, you will have to 'purify' the noun to present tense, this is a general rule for writing. Personally, I hope that you can remove pet phrases like 'I guess' in quotes as quotes are suppose to be short and sweet, without any dragging of extra words. For quotes, keep in mind that it should be short and sweet. So, since the background is the same as the main poster, it looked complicated and kind of irked me with the words from the background. Keep in mind that plain colours can make the readers feel at ease when reading.

 

Description and Foreword: 8/10

I have to say that the description was very strong, you did intrigue me into knowing more about the story. It was also a plus point when you didn't reveal much on the further happenings, which made it a mystery for the readers to find out more. Using the house of cards in a perfect and interesting idea as a house of cards is indeed unstable, thus I was really impressed by your writing style when I first read it. However, the prologue had it's pros and cons, the writing was good but it was missing one factor. Uniqueness. To be honest, the prologue was very straight; prologues are suppose be introductory speeches that could attract the readers' attention but it didn't carry as much interest as the description. It merely a scene where a good friend was conforting a woman with a broken heart. I can see that this good friend knows KyungSoon for quite a long time, thus understanding her personality at the book of his hand. But, there was something that irked me a lot. You didn't reveal his name and kept using 'him' and 'he'. I understand that you have plans to only show this character at a later date but it was very annoying reading about someone where you have exactly no idea about him, even his name.

 

Characterization: 6.5/10

Let me talk about the characters in greater detail, in the current 5 chapters, many characters were not really focused on. These five chapters were merely a brief view on Kyungsoon's life, what really happens to her normal life after her divorce. Many things happens and there isn't an clear and specific characterization from the characters other than the main character, Kyungsoon. For characters like her dad, Mina, her ex-husband, her secretary, Joongki, Jaejoong and Yoochun, there wasn't a speciality in their personalties, they are just characters with personality templates. Nothing out of the ordinary, straight and dull.

In all human-beings, we have flaws and good points, thus with have perfect imperfections with some good points in us. However, the characters that I have read in this five chapters, they are flat characters that are either too good to the main character like Joo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter