☑ heart_and_seoul

Mental Breakdown Reviews ★ (╥﹏╥) ★ ☰ ARCHIVES
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
  [CONTENTID1]Archive: Review for heart_and_seoul[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]Once Upon A Time[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]

Story Title: Once Upon A Time

Author: heart_and_seoul

Main Characters: OC, Kris, Kai

Genre: Angst, Drama, Family, Fantasy/Supernatural, Friendship, Romance

Status: On-going

Description of Story: Yoon Mieun doesn't believe in happily ever afters. She thinks they are for unrealistic people. But a series of unbelievable, whimsical, humorous, heartwarming antics occur, ripped straight out from the pages of your favorite childhood fairytales (which include an over enthusiastic, loveable best friend, eleven hilarious adorable guys and one handsome mysterious stranger) which leads Mi Eun to wonder if maybe she'll have a happy ending after all.

 

 

From LoveInColors: First of all, I have to say that it was a pleasure for me to review the work of a fellow reviewer and I had lots of fun!

CRITIQUE:

Story Title: 4/5

Although your title it’s not unique and very common (I found nth stories just searching it on AFF), it fits your story very well. You practically summed up the whole story in that title and that’s a great thing. I wish however, you would have used another title, which could have done the same, but nonetheless, I like it. 

 

Graphics: 9/10

I noticed the posted and the background did not seem to be made by the same person, and then I looked below in the Foreword section and saw you have more posters from different graphic artists, and tried to mix them. Frankly, it bothers me in some inexplicable way… I guess they just don’t go well together. I could easily spot the differences, but that’s maybe just me. 
I also like the quote you put on the poster and the colors, nicely blend together. The book and the chandelier give off the exact feeling of reading a fairytale story. 

 

Description and Foreword: 10/10

Hands down for the Description. I absolutely adore the way you added that image (I think it’s an image) and the quote beneath. 
You made me feel excited to find out more through the way you described your story, and made it short and relevant. It’s very simple yet grabs the interest. 

In the Foreword, you described the main characters, saying a few things about them, but not giving too many details. It’s enough for a reader to read just a couple of things, and find out more throughout the story. 
Thumbs up for keeping Kris’s character mysterious, because most writers tend to give details on characters that would appear later and possibly destroy a good plot, or worse, the enthusiasm of the readers. 

 

Characterization: 8/10

You described Mi Eun as a lonely, introverted girl in the first chapters, but that quickly changed.. too quickly. Other than that, I like her. I have some love-hate feelings for the way she seems to care so much about people. She’s naïve and can be easily lured “with candy”. 
Jong In proved to be the opposite of what I expected him to be. At the beginning, I thought you will make the usual bad boy (although I had read the description of him

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter