☑ armablakken

Mental Breakdown Reviews ★ (╥﹏╥) ★ ☰ ARCHIVES
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Calling for armablakken

''A Quiet Life"

Author: armablakken

Main Characters: Daehyun & Youngjae

Genre: Angst, Romance, Tragedy,

Status: Completed

Description of Story:
The struggle of two young boys who go from hate to love through understanding and empathy. 

 

  Critique:

Story Title: 3.5/5

Your title is rather charming. It has a relaxing, lazy summer day type of vibe. But it isn't exactly eye catching. I will admit that I was interested in your story, yet this is probably from the adrenaline rush of this being my first review in this shop. Given if I had been idly adventuring throughout the many tags of AFF and I had stumbled across yours I probably wouldn't have been very interested in clicking it. Upon realizing what your story is about that, I came to understand why your story is named "A Quiet Life". It fits your story very well but points are unfortunately deducted from its plainness. 

 

Graphics: 6/10

I am an invalid when it comes to art. I cannot draw, paint, or photo shop. Obviously I am no artist but your poster seems almost messy. The title doesn't stand out as much as the phrase which I believe is "Love with tear us apart". But even that is hard to read since Daehyun's photo is literally ripping that space apart. Posters should have a center point, something that draws your attention. But this attention is all over the place. It makes it hard to focus on one point and even harder to find the title (except for that whopping sized "A"). Though there is some sort of charisma that I find in your poster. I especially enjoy the patterns of lines and dots connecting and it does look like an interesting poster, making the reader more interested in your story as well. 

 

Description and Foreword: 8/10

All descriptions should be written in the present tense, which you did, so kudos. You didn't give out too much information of your story which is also another good thing. But there probably should be more information. 

For instance, the phrase "This is the question that becomes Youngjae's reason to live" makes it sound like Youngjae is considering suicide. 

More background information should be given out about the main characters. I know that you are supposed to "read and find out" but it's hard to get more interested in a story if the description doesn't readily give out more necessary information so that you know what to expect. 

 

Characterization: 7/10

I feel like the conflicts among the characters but they were resolved a little bit too quickly. Personally I don't think Daehyun would forgive, trust, and actually like Youngjae who bullied him for quite some time. I don't think bully = love type of relationships actually exist for that matter either. Your characters should be also more relatable so that the reader can sympathize much more with them. Your characters though did become more well rou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter