☑ EllisKambook

Mental Breakdown Reviews ★ (╥﹏╥) ★ ☰ ARCHIVES
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
"Diary of an Innocent Girl's Lies"

Author: EllisKambook

Main Characters: Krystal from f(x), Sehun & Kai from EXO, appearances from f(x) members & EXO

Genre: Friendship, Romance, Romcom

Status: Completed

Description of Story:
This story follows Krystal through a series of events that happen when she get's caught with Sehun. Her diary entries reflect her feelings on the situation, but not always necessarily help solve the situation she's in either. (My original foreword description is a diary entry so this is basically a summarization of that).

 

   


Story Title: 3.5/5

Your title is simple and straightforward. At the most, it does talk to an extent, majority of what this story is about and what the reader will be expecting after they click on the next page. There isn't any grammar issues other than the 'lies' could be singular since every lie connects somehow in the end but none the less, everything is grammatically correct. 

 

Appearance: 6.5/10

a. Poster and Background. 4.5/5

Your poster is well-made, it has complementary colours that fit well with each other and bring out the poster to it's fullest. It has a lot of pinks and red throughout the poster such as the character's clothing, the diary, the 'innocent' in 'Diary of an Innocent Girl's Lies' is in pink and the geometric shapes are a light to dark pink. Overall, the poster is subtle yet eye-catching and nice to look at. The background is relatively simple as well since it's the same geometric shapes in the poster so it wasn't much of a change.

b. Lay-out and Formatting. 2/5

The font used for the poster was readable and was not harsh at all to the reader's eyes. As I said, everything complemented each other well so nothing seemed to rough or harsh being it stood or was a distraction to the eye. It was nice how the poster managed to focus on everything instead of one small thing because the colours were shades that were close to each other. The font for the credits was readable yet it wasn't too large where it got in the way of the poster trying to satisfy the reader's curiosity.

 

Description and Foreword: 5/10

The description is a short yet interesting quote which relates the the title well because the reader has yet then read the story yet so they wouldn't exactly know what the story is about. Using this short quote, you managed to reveal a little about the plot line and what this story might be about. The quote is indirect on what you are trying to tell the reader but it hints a lot in which was arouse the reader's curiosity.

In the foreword, I liked how you used the start of the diary to engage the reader. Although the font was extremely small to read and I had to squint to read majority of it, I think you done well in engaging and gaining interest from me. It has inputs of comedy and we start to understand the main character's personality, you also introduced the characters and what this story plot was like forming a small hole in your plot but I think it would've satisfied most readers.

Although, I don't find the description nor foreword nice to look at because of all the different colours mixed together that does not fit within the colour scheme that the graphics created, everything went well to an extent.

 

Character Development: 13.5/15

a. Unity of the Characters and Their Actions. 3.5/5

I liked how you easily pushed the introduction of the main character to the description using her first diary entry as the introduction. It wasn't obvious where it looked like you were pushing things ahead but it was a nice way to introduce the main character. You gradually introduced the other characters through her diary and also from the content in the chapters. It was a slow, gradual build up to each character and slowly we learned each thing about them although the first 3 chapters were

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter