☑ LoveX2254

Mental Breakdown Reviews ★ (╥﹏╥) ★ ☰ ARCHIVES
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Calling for LoveX2254

"The 27 Club"

Author: LoveX2254

Main Characters: Mira(OC), EXO

Genre: Angst, Drama, Romance

Status: On-going

Description of Story:
Luhan's got one wish- to keep Mira alive. But how long can you keep someone alive who no longer has a will to live? How long can you hold on to the broken pieces of a person so far gone?

 

  Critique:

Story Title: 5/5

When I saw the title, my first thought was “27 Club? What is that? A club of 27 mercenaries? A club of 27 year olds? A club of 27 hormonal teenagers into video games?” and I was immediately hooked into reading at least as far as the description and foreword to find out what the 27 club was. Points for first impression: 5

After reading the prologue and first chapter, I have to say that the title fits perfectly as well. Since the story is supposed to focus on her want to join the 27 Club and Luhan’s want to keep her away from that, so points for relevance: 5 as well.

Full points here. ^.^

 

Graphics: 5/10

Because you do have some sort of poster, I’ll give you half points here. However, the poster isn’t the best for this story. It feels less like a poster for a story and more like someone on Facebook wanting to have a fancy profile pic with deep writing on it. I’d recommend either requesting from a graphic shop (Mochi & Mochi is a fantastic shop if you’d like to request from them. They’re one of my favorite shops here on AFF.) or creating a larger poster using a better program like GIMP or Photoshop to add in at least a picture of Luhan and some textures to give the story a darker, romantic feel since those seem to be the main genres here.

 

Description and Foreword: 10/10

Full points in this section as well. The description doesn’t let on to the story at all at first, but as soon as you read the prologue, it clicks perfectly and you realize how well it fits the theme of the story. I also just adore the phrase “How young can you die of old age?” as it’s just beautiful and really makes you think, in my opinion.

The excerpt from the story was well chosen. It gave a little insight into what the story was going to be about without giving away anything that may ruin the story for readers, such as why she needs to be kept alive, who she is, what’s so important about her 28th birthday, etc. It was the perfect text to pull from the story and use in the foreword so I have to applaud you on that.

 

Characterization: 8/10

 

There hasn’t been a whole lot of characterization just yet, which is understandable since we’re only a few chapters in, but what characterization there is is solid throughout.

Luhan is introduced as an almost over caring older brother figure -cough JustIgnoreThatHeHasFeelingsForHer cough- and he holds that pretty well, worrying over Mira and trying his best right off the bat to make sure that she’s taken care of and won’t do anything stupid.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter