☑ mayyoung

Mental Breakdown Reviews ★ (╥﹏╥) ★ ☰ ARCHIVES
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
"Not In That Way"

Author: mayyoung

Main Characters: Kyungsoo, OC, Minah and Jongin.

Genre: Comedy, Drama, Fluff

Status: On-going

Description of Story:
Kyungsoo and Minah are getting married. Avery was used to see if Kyungsoo was cheating. But what if Avery unknowingly becomes a home wrecker? And why does Grandpa Byun want to be thrown off th  Seoul Tower?

 

 

  Critique:

Appearance: 5/10

a. Poster and Background. 2/5

I’m not going to say I don’t like the poster, but there’s something missing. It was a good attempt of the graphic designer. But I do think you can do much better to capture the feels of the story. It doesn’t scream or display fluffly, romance and other feels of the story. I would say maybe, y ou should consider by trying another poster. As far as I could see, I didn’t notice any background. It’s not that big of a deal, but it does make your story much more likeable to read. I must  be honest I would definitely pick out your story if it was for the other poster that would have been on the cover. I’m talking about the one that comes first in your description. That one is actually more eye-catching. But overall, your main poster was a good attempt but not the greatest one.

b. Lay-out and Formatting. 3/5

As for the layout of your story, I would advice you to start reorganise your description and foreword to start with..  It looks a bit messy *Mian* I think personally it would be better to write your description in the same fontsize. Secondly, I see you like to feature your other posters as well, but I would put that with the section “Credits” and much smaller combined with the credit to the shop who made it. You can start by writing your description and maybe already at the preview there as well. And you can always use your foreword to introduce us to your characters. That’s not a bad idea and also what you did. But again I would make sure that everything is equal to each other. I’m feeling that I’m being very harsh right now, please don’t feel offended. I just want to help you improve the quality of your story. I think it would be looking much nicer with the few changes. But again it’s all up to you. As for the formatting while reading it on a mobile device, I had no prob whatsoever. That’s great, it was enjoyeable to read and it has a nice fontsize.

 

Description and Foreword: 8/10

I absolutely adore your little description! It’s short but to the point and actually that’s all you need to start off your story. It’s sassy, cute, and already indicates a very funny and loveable story with the necessary drama in it. You don’t need anything more. It did capture my attention and that’s why I choose your story to review as well. It triggered my curiosity and I wanted to know what was about to be happening in your story. 

I do like how you used the foreword to introduce us to your main characters. You didn’t go mainstream and used a nice layout to display your characters. Although.. I would advice to put them all in the same format. You started off with Avery next to her description and than you changed by putting it on the character. I like it more when the text is next to the character. What you also can do is start off with Avery and for the second character instead of starting with gif, start with description and than put your gif. And continue like that, you will create like a zig zag pattern, but it will be much nicer. Hahahaha.. OMG! the preview! I LOVED IT! I was like HELL NO!? I ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO READ THIS STORY NOW! ^^ I was laughing so much, it’s so funny! That’s also a great way to keep your readers attention to the story. Nice job!

 

Character Development: 15/15

a. Unity of the Characters and Their Actions. 5/5

I absolutely adore AVERY! She is me! ^^ Your characters are so likeable and fun! They do all have their flaws, but that’s what is making them unique. Together, they form a bunch of likeable dorks. I was thinking Mean Girls meets She’s all that.. Everything happens for a reason in your story, and that’s why your characters are also adapted to the situations. Sometimes with the most hilarious reactions first, but again that’s what making it fun and so much more credible. I would say your did a good job on this section. I like how nobody had a complete character change, that wouldn’t actually fit here in your story. Now as for all the characters, well the main characters.. (We will do that in the next part of this section)

b. Evolution of the Characters. 5/5

Your characters stayed mainly consisted, there were only some slight changes but that was it. I can’t leave out the characters, so I will go over them one by one. (The main characters that is..)

AVERY - I love her. I symphatized so much with her! I am her.. I would definitely acted the same way. That’s why I love her so much in your story. She’s like this dorky girl, loveable and so friendly and caring about other people. But at the same time she is that awkward girl that can make a decent conversation with someone being it a boy or a girl. (Well, mostly with the boys than) She always managed to make it awkward in no time and she always is spilling random facts that have nothing to do with what’s going on in  her environment. She’s so cute at all times, and yes she might seem a dork sometimes and nothing knowing what she’s doing, but actually if you at it from another pov, she’s not some dull, stupid girl, she is actually very smart. Throughout the story, she doesn’t change that much, s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter