☑ meemee343

Mental Breakdown Reviews ★ (╥﹏╥) ★ ☰ ARCHIVES
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
[CONTENTID1]Archive: Review for meemee343[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]Symbolon[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]

Story Title: Symbolon

Author: meemee343

Main Characters: Wu Yifan and Kim Jongdae

Genre: Romance,

Status: On-going

Description of Story: Jongdae touches Yifan's face, dainty fingers tracing closed eyes, full lips, flawless face - as if seeing him with his fingers, and Yifan thinks that Jongdae might have traced his way to his heart. (Historical!au) (soulmate!au)

 

 

 

CRITIQUE:

Story Title: 4/5

Hmm.. Well personally, I like your title. I find it unique, and I adore the way you defined your title on your foreword.  A story title should give a clue to something in the story, enabling the reader to understand an event in a particular way. It can be used to give an idea of the style of the story - is it to be taken seriously or as a joke? It can be used to neatly encapsulate the underlying idea or moral of the story. In your case, well I kind of expected it to be angsty since the word underlying word symbol, caught my attention and I thought it would be angsty since a lot of angst stories have that particular 'symbol' and such, so I was shocked to see that it was romance-themed. I haven't really grasped the idea of your title relating to your plot, but maybe it's just me. I have to say though, the title is relevant to the story. I won't go further with this one. You did a good job in choosing your title I guess.

 

Graphics: 0/0

You don't have a poster nor a background yet, which is understandable, although I recommend that you get one as soon as possible since one of the reasons why readers get attracted to a particular story is through their graphics. As weird as this may sound though, I don't really think you need a poster nor a background. I'm not really biased or something, but stories like this? Me likey. Hahaha.. I mean, the way you wrote was professional. I can't say it's flawless, but in my years of reading here on AFF, I consider this as a professionally-written story (from the way it looked).

 

Description and Foreword: 8/10

I kind of felt like there's something lacking with your description, especially the short summary you put, but I think it's understandable since you did state that this would probably be a two-shot or a three-shot, and putting a lot of information on the short summary would ruin the surprise you installed in chapters. The spacing though was kind of distracting. There was a large space between the 'Foreword' and the 'Inspired by this' part. Also, the author's note you put below, the one which states that the story might be a two-shot or three. you should change the font with Avant Grande, which is the font you used for the rest of the words, right? Erm, I'm not sure about the font though, but I'm saying this to make it look more consistent.

 

Characterization: 8/10

I like how you focused on one character. You displayed his emotions and thoughts pretty well, which made me understand the story more. I would love it if you give attention to Jongdae's feelings as well, but it's pretty understandable since you are focusing on Yifan's character after all.

You may be lacking on character development.  Character development is most important, as that's what creates and drives the plot. The more obsessive, disturbed or narcissistic the characters become, the more conflicts there are. If your intention is to explore how people might respond to a given situation it becomes a character-driven story, and the balance shifts. In a character-driven story, your focus is on how this sort of personality might respond to that sort of trauma, so you can get away with utilizing a relatively generic plot because your intent is to showcase humans as animals or as resilient entities or whatever else, so the importance of one or the other is primarily a matter of intent on the part of the writer. In your case, well I haven't grasped your intention yet, but I do understand that this is the first chapter, and you're probably just introducing the character at this point. I might have found the story a bit dragging, since you took a longer time for introduction, but that's just my opinion.

 

Plot: 32/40

I am not a fan of stories. I barely read

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter