☑ PictureMeBroken

Mental Breakdown Reviews ★ (╥﹏╥) ★ ☰ ARCHIVES
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Calling for PictureMeBroken

"Ruined"

Author: PictureMeBroken

Main Characters: Choi Jinri (Sulli), Kim Heechul, Jung Soojung (Krystal)

Genre: Alternate Universe, Angst, Drama, Friendship, Morbid, Romance, School Life

Status: On-going

Description of Story:
I wasn't supposed to turn out like this. I was the good one, the one that everyone expected to succeed, the one that should have been out of college and getting married and having the perfect life. But things don't always go the way their meant to. Sometimes life decides to around and throw choices at us that we can't begin to understand. And if you make one mistake, your entire life is just...
Ruined

 

  Critique:

Story Title: 4/5

At the risk of ending up preaching to the choir, I must say that ‘ruined’ is a pretty recurring word in the AFF (or any) angst circuit. Many titles are around where the word appears in a variety of combinations making it pretty common (which you probably already know). So, keeping it short, the title, despite its being a common one, managed to intrigue me into wanting to take the review on, and the way the description has been tailored around it, although the title doesn’t seem all too related to the story, I know it’s going to.

 

Graphics: 10/10

I really like your poster and background. Well the background was mostly blank, but that was for the best. Since, less is, in fact, more. As for the poster, it was neatly made and the sepia filter makes it look old and rather dark, especially when accompanied with the maroon text. Also, it made more sense when I read the prologue and you mentioned that the story would be narrated to someone, meaning it’ll be in flashback mode which made the choice in filter used for the poster seem even smarter. Point is, you have a superb, visually appealing cover to you story which also radiates the narrative style. Great job!

 

Description and Foreword: 9/10

Very well crafted. As I mentioned earlier, I loved how you tailored the description around your title. It gave us a sense of what to expect without actually telling us anything. So I was intrigued. Although I’m not sure if the female character’s (Sulli’s) expectations from life could’ve have been any more clichéd than this. I nearly shivered from the ickiness when I first read it but since it was to show what we w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter