☑ Fantascape

Mental Breakdown Reviews ★ (╥﹏╥) ★ ☰ ARCHIVES
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Calling for Fantascape

"Tabula Rasa"

Author: Fantascape

Main Characters: Do Kyungsoo, Byun Baekhyun, Kim Jongin, Oh Sehun

Genre: Abuse, Angst, Drama, Friendship, Psychological

Status: On-going

Description of Story:
One can only live in pain- taking it in with every inhale and breathing out only memories that he cannot fathom. The other lives as a blank slate to take away such pain and meld it into his void. It was meant to be a balance of sorts… So why is the scale tipping?



 

  Critique:

Story Title: 4/5

Your title is very suitable for the storyline so far. It is simple yet intriguing. Although, the title itself is used in several other fanfics, which doesn't make your story stand out as much. Also, using a Latin phrase may be confusing to some readers. Either way, the title is well chosen.

 

Graphics: 7/10

I like that fact that you're using two posters. The first one has a nice color theme to it that matches the story. Both posters portray the title and characters clearly. Though in the first poster, the quote's color made it quite difficult to read. Personally, I find the second setence of the quote a bit awkward. Instead of saying "True hurt", I think it would be better if you replace "hurt" with another synonym for "pain".

In addition,  it's great that you added a background. But I suggest to tweak it so that the entire title can be seen and not just the word "Tabula". Otherwise, your graphics are decent and go well with the story's genre.

 

Description and Foreword: 10/10

The description and foreword are very well-phrased. You provided enough information for your audience without giving too much away. It's a fantastic idea to include the definition of tabula rasa and the excerpt in the foreword was chosen perfectly. I have no criticisms for this part.

 

Characterization: 9.5/10

Characterization is probably one of the hardest steps in writing a good story. The style in which you slowly developed each character is amazing. Kyungsoo and Baekhyun are especially exceptional. I find none of the characters to be cliché, but all interesting in their own way. At first, I had my doubts about this, since it's not easy to write in the perspective of a psychologist. But you seem to have no problem in getting across to your readers how Kyungsoo was feeling. 

I'm not sure if Kai will play an important role later on, but your description of his character seems more brief. But since the story is ongoing, my judgement shouldn't leave an impact. I can't think of anything else to criticize in this field, just keep up the wonderful work.

 

Plot: 33/40

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter