☑ loviet

Mental Breakdown Reviews ★ (╥﹏╥) ★ ☰ ARCHIVES
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
"Cynosure"

Author: loviet

Main Characters: Do Kyungsoo and OC

Genre: Fluff, Romance, School Life, Slight Angst

Status: Completed

Description of Story:
There wasn't a single thing about her that didn't make his heart rush to his head.
He was used to being closed off, being shut out from the world that only knew how to betray him.
But then he found her, his solace. He never spoke to her,  but simply seeing her brought calmness.
But he never knew her story, never knew what was beneath that smile that made his heart pound so much.
Sometimes broken people aren't meant to be fixed but rather loved. That's when he decided.
He was going to love her, Every piece of her, Every bruise, Every crooked smile, Every empty look,
Until she could feel the same solace with him as he does with her.

 

   


Story Title: 5/5

Perfect. Nah, I’m the type who can’t say anything when it’s perfect. It attracts me. It intrigues me. It’s relevant and I just love it.

 

Appearance: 7.5/10

a. Poster and Background. 2.5/5

Your poster is beautiful. I don’t have any objection with it. But you don’t have a background, so that’s minus 2.5 at this part. Sorry but you wanted all sections to be graded.

b. Lay-out and Formatting. 5/5

It’s so neat. You know what I mean. Though there are some inconsistencies in the font style. Maybe you can make them all the same.

 

Description and Foreword: 10/10

You nailed it. When I read it, I said to myself, “this is going to be beautiful.” What can I say more? It is just creative and wonderfully written. You have a style.              

 

Character Development: 15/15

a. Unity of the Characters and Their Actions. 5/5

Your characters are realistic. They have appropriate feelings on their situation. Your characterization is awesome.

Kyungsoo must really had a very painful past that he got mute. I wonder how traumatic his experience was. You have depicted his life so good. It turns out to be very natural, as if you are him. It’s the same for the other characters. Haejin also had a dark past, and you have shown her life really well.

I can’t really judge the characters now, since your story is still ongoing. I still need to know the details of Kyungsoo’s past to know whether he’s a weak character or not. If his experience was too traumatic, then his muteness is considerable. Too traumatic, like he got , or he was put in a sack and thrown on a river, and other extreme cases. But if it was a typical dark past that so many other people have experienced, like death of a loved one, then I must say that he is weak. He can be mute for a month, but not for six years. He should have a regular psychological therapy for that. It won’t be realistic if he did not. Those are my thoughts now.

About Haejin, hmm…she seems to be strong. She manages to be happy despite carrying a heavy past. I want details of her past too.

b. Evolution of Characters. 5/5

Their evolution is clearly delivered, and that’s the thing being graded here. Whether it’s a good or bad evolution, as long as it’s realistic and well-narrated, you get a perfect score.

So, after so many years, Kyungsoo had spoken because of his love for Haejin, of the strength that Haejin gives to him. And how sweet, that his first words after his very long silence was “I love you, Haejin.” Did I remember it right?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter