☑ YifanForever

Mental Breakdown Reviews ★ (╥﹏╥) ★ ☰ ARCHIVES
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Calling for YifanForever

"The Program"

Author: YifanForever

Main Characters: Suho, Reveille (OC), EXO, Jaehyo, Slight appearances by Teen Top

Genre: Action, Fantasy/Supernatural, Romance

Status: On-going

Description of Story:
The twelve Subjects of The Program wake up in a mysterious setting.  Trapped by the set of walls and unusual occurences, the Subjects begin to slowly lose their minds.  The only thing to keep them going is their Gifts.  Each Subject has a special ability to help them survive and yet their Gifts cannot help them escape.  
Reveille, as she will be hereby known as, is a scientist, assigned to monitor Subject 607, also known as, Earthshaker.  As she monitors the activities of the Subjects, her level of sympathy rises for them.  It comes to a point where she cannot draw the line between Subject and scientist.  Especially when the situation involves a certain blonde haired man known as Mistbringer.
And through this all, is another threat.  A threat no one could anticipate.

 

  Critique:

Story Title: 3.5/5

Your title fits the story quite well. It also gives out the angst and sci-fi feel, which is great and suitable. Although, this title is frequently used. For example, when I searched up "The Program", there are several other stories with the same title and theme, making yours not unique and exceptional. A story's title is part of what intrigues readers and drags them in, so choosing the right title is important. Personally, I like your title as is, but you should think about adding a catchy word or two in front. It's all up to you!

 

Graphics: 7/10

I like how you included two posters, giving a change in every chapter. The posters' colors match your theme well. The first one, by Kamanaa, looks nice with the characters' positions. I especially like the branches/trees behind Suho. But the title doesn't stand out as much as it should, being slightly camoflaged in with the maze.

For the second one, everything is fine except for the messy cropping on both characters. I'm not sure if you did this on purpose. However, the background goes nicely with the posters to create an angst-ish atmosphere.

 

Description and Foreword: 8.5/10

Your description is short and simple, yet providing your audience enough insight into the plot. At the end, you also added anticipation by hinting a big , or plot twist I guess.

I docked points though, since I think the background information was lacking. You could've further explained where the Subjects were/what they were doing before they got trapped in. Doing this can help readers that aren't familiar with the sci-fi theme. 

The foreword is nicely done. But saying that The Program has begun is weird, for according to the story, the Subjects are currently in the second stage.

Sentences that I found awkward:

1) Reveille is a scientist, assigned to monitor Subject 607, also known as Earthshaker.
The comma after "scientist" isn't needed.
2) And through this all, is another threat.
Edited: And through this all, comes another threat. (Or something along those lines)
3) Until it comes, endangering them all.
I'm just guessing that you're referring to t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter