☑ eunhyuksgal

Mental Breakdown Reviews ★ (╥﹏╥) ★ ☰ ARCHIVES
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
"What Exactly Am I to You?"

Author: eunhyuksgal

Main Characters: Eunhyuk and Donghae (Super Junior)

Genre: Angst, Drama, Friendship, Romance, , 

Status: Completed

Description of Story:
A story analyzing Eunhyuk's love life of ups and downs; with mostly downs. Donghae has been there for him since day 1, as a brother, as a best friend and unfortunately as a buddy. When Eunhyuk finally realizes Donghae's true feelings for him, he is unable to reciprocate it. This story is definitely going to be full of angst and since that's the foundation of their relationship in this story.

 

   


Story Title: 5/5

The title is relatively intriguing and relevant to the story, so I don’t really have a problem with it. It gives a feeling of confusion and curiosity, and makes the reader intrigued to find out what the character truly is to the other by the end of the story.

 

Appearance: 9/10

a. Poster and Background. 4/5

I like the subtle incorporation of the plot into the background but the colour scheme is a bit too not contrasting. The black words can’t really be seen as the background is very solid (perhaps it could be more faded/transparent?) but I like the black and white contrast of Donghae and Eunhyuk.

b. Lay-out and Formatting. 5/5

The lay-out and formatting is really neat and tidy, so no comments.

 

Description and Foreword: 8/10

Description: The description is quite interesting as the point of view of the character speaking is not clear and may prompt the reader to find out more. However, I have (somewhat) an issue with the last sentence: You stopped falling in love. In my opinion, I think either ‘But then, you stopped falling in love’ or ‘In the end, you stopped falling in love’ would fit better as the original sentence appears albeit abrupt.

Foreword: Mainly I just have an issue with sentence structure? A story analyzing Eunhyuk’s love life of up and downs; with mostly downs. A story analyzing the ups and downs of Eunhyuk’s love life, consisting mostly downs. When Eunhyuk finally realizes Donghae’s true feelings for him, he is unable to reciprocate them. Do leave comments; they’re much appreciated <3

 

Character Development: 11/15

a. Unity of the Characters and Their Actions. 4/5

I’m probably gonna focus primarily on Donghae and Eunhyuk on this section. 

Donghae is someone who I find his actions are much more in sync with his ‘life’ (or maybe it’s just because I’m more sympathetic to his cause). I grasp the concept that he’s in love with Eunhyuk and would do anything to make the love of his life to feel happy again and well, yeah, the entire friends with benefits thing ensues. While I pity Eunhyuk for being ignored by Donghae, I find it entirely understandable as Eunhyuk has indeed hurt Donghae badly. Very badly. It is utterly rational for Donghae to give up on Eunhyuk and wanting to be ‘nothing’ (though his heart doesn’t want it obviously) because Eunhyuk became a stone and didn’t want to reciprocate his feelings. So yeap, Donghae is quite an empathetic character.

Eunhyuk, on the other hand, makes me feel like he has

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter