☑ fasiha1234

Mental Breakdown Reviews ★ (╥﹏╥) ★ ☰ ARCHIVES
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Calling for fasiha1234

"Best Friend"

Author: fasiha1234

Main Characters: Hayoung/OC, Kai, Kris

Genre: Romcom, School Life

Status: On-going

Description of Story:
What happens when you fall in love with your best friend?
What happens when your best friend starts dating your cousin?
Does it hurt?
Yes it does.
That's what happened to 17 years old Ha Young.
She fell in love with her best friend Kai - the most popular guy in school.
And when she finally had the courage to confess her love for him, the disaster happened.
Kai announced that he was dating Ha Young's cousin Krystal - the most popular girl in school
That's when she realized that 'Love' doesn't always mean hearts and butterflies.
And that's when she gave up on the word called 'LOVE'.

 

  Critique:

Story Title: 2/5

A title is the story's face, its first selling point. To make an impression a face needs to be unique even if not very beautiful. Similarly, the story could've done with a better face to represent it. The words Best Friend are so used that even without checking I know there’s probably a bunch of other fics with the exact title. I hope you’d spend more time deliberating your titles since they are almost always common. As for this one, it fits the purpose functionally, but only barely. In the beginning parts where Kai seems like the male lead, the title fit and maybe later if Kris becomes her best friend, it’ll fit. However, for now, it’s only slightly relevant to the story and I definitely hope you don’t tamper with your love lines to forcibly put more meaning behind it.

I’m sorry if I sound inflexible, but as I’ve previously said, you write well. It’s only natural to expect more from you because of that. I know you can do it, fighting!

 

Graphics: 6.5/10

For the graphics you used quite a few posters, added a separate background, trailer and even went to the extent of using a banner. While you did many things to further beautify the outlook of the story, some of things actually ended up hindering the reading experience. First of that would have to be the red-white striped background – upon first glance it was harsh on the eyes and doesn’t really exert any psychological urge to read. If anything, it was a something of a turn-off, an unnecessary one at that. Sorry. I have the same comments regarding the banner – this is a story fic, not a shop that needs a banner for advertising/promotion purposes.

However I will add that I liked your trailer. HaYoung, Kai and Krystal were portrayed well in the trailer but I have a complaint for Kris’s character. Well, I’m not quite sure how the making of a trailer works and from where one sources the scenes and its limitations, but Kris’s portrayal wasn’t anything like his behaviour in the fic. He was sticking out his tongue because he messed up in the trailer (as in that was the scene used) and from your characterization, that is one this Kris will NEVER do. He’s too sarcastic & cool for that. Cool, sarcastic people don’t suddenly turn and do aegyofied things unless that is also a part of their personality - which is not how you fleshed Kris. Still… it was okay.

Finally posters. I’ll be honest, you current main poster is too bland considering how witty and interesting the story is itself. Compared to this, I preferred 2 of your older ones.

 

Description and Foreword: 7/10

Your description was, good. It was simple, it stated the facts and it introduced the characters briefly.  And while it was grammatically sound, there’s just something missing. A pizzazz of sorts. Besides, seeing how you’ve reviews done previously to my getting my hands on it, there really is nothing much for me to be pointing out.

So overall, it was a nicely formatted, semi-intriguing introduction which would attract its target audience without much trouble.

 

Characterization: 8.5/10

Your characters were probably the most likable aspect of your story and the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter