☑ ihatey0u

Mental Breakdown Reviews ★ (╥﹏╥) ★ ☰ ARCHIVES
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Calling for ihatey0u

"Rain"

Author: ihatey0u

Main Characters: Lee Jieun (IU), Park Chanyeol, Byun Baekhyun, and more!

Genre: Alternate Universe, Fantasy/Supernatural, Romance

Status: On-going

Description of Story:
It was raining when she found somewhere in what she thought was nowhere
and something in what she thought was nothing.

 

  Critique:

Story Title: 3/5

Let's start with a little lecture regarding story titles. A title is a story’s first impression. People make a first impression with appearance, wardrobe and body language. Stories do it with a title, that's why titles are extremely important. A title creates anticipation and expectation or, perhaps, disinterest. Often the title is what will determine whether or not someone reads a story. Let's think of it as the first step in officially advertising/promoting your story. It's with an attractive title that makes a reader want to read a story, to be honest. Here in Asianfanfics.com, stories are commonly placed in section through tags, or through categories in general. Frankly, there are thousands of stories here on AFF, so clearly, there's no assurance that you're story'll be read by readers' that suddenly. So yeah. You have to really do a good job with choosing the right title.

In your case, well I don't really see the uniqueness in it. Primarily, it only contained one word, and that one word is too common. Personally, I wasn't really that attracted through it, although it is relevant to the story though. One could really tell the significance of that title through reading your description. Nonetheless, it's not that attractive. It's a good thing that that kind of title has a hidden meaning behind it. Honestly, although the title was a bit common for me, it intrigued me still, but I still think that there's a better title for your story. Nonetheless, it was straight to the point, which is a good thing I guess. Oh and let me make things clear. I'm not forcing you to change anything, okay? The same goes for the other sections beyond this. I'm just only stating my opinion, so yeah. Please don't feel discouraged since my words are only from my own opinion.

 

Graphics: 4.5/10

I didn't really fancy your poster. Mainly because it's too bright that I cannot really see the characters clearly. Also, I didn't see the significance of your genres nor the title through that poster. A poster like that would be considered as an angst too than of romance to be honest. It would've been better if there was something like the rain in the poster. It would make it seem dull since the poster would be a bit dark with rain but I guess it fits the genres still. Also, the description would be incorporated with the poster since you've stated that she found somewhere in what she knew was nowhere and something in what she thought was nothing. I guess that kind of description sounds a bit dark. Anyway, I guess a change of poster would be highly recommended [for me at least]. Poster are important too in a story, especially here on AFF since the space provided to posters are relatively larger that other fiction sites out there. Normally, readers would get attracted with worthy posters. Not that I'm saying the current poster is unworthy. What I'm saying is that I think something darker would do, but at the same time is connected with the other elements of your story. I guess it would be best to request from the poster shop to whom you requested your current one. But then again, it's your choice. As for the background, well I don't see any significance of it to your story nor the poster itself, so I guess when you decide to request for a replacement, do request for a complementing background.

 

Description and Foreword: 6.5/10

Your short description was relatively short to be honest. It was too short, and although it was intriguing, it lacks some brief explanation to your general plot. I think it'd be better to add some more sentences along it. But don't put too much information though as it may ruin some of your twists. Make sure you put enough to which will enhance your readers' interests. Oh, and as for that kind of format, I suggest putting only your description in the description section. I mean, that sentence you named as summary. You should solely put it in the description section, whereas for the rest of the information your placed along it such as the length, genres, and rating, I think it's best to place it on the foreword instead. Normally, author's would place descriptions/brief summaries as well as character charts and introductions in the description section, while author's notes, copyrights, and any other info are placed in the foreword section. I guess that's your style but it's a bit nerve-wracking for me to be honest. Frankly, I was looking for the summary, but what I read was the rating and genre which was absolutely not what I was looking for in the first place. It might cause some misunderstandings to which some readers might think that you don't have a description at all. Well, that's what I think though. Anyway, again, it's your choice.

 

Characterization: 8.5/10

First of all, when you're analyzing characterization, you are analyzing how a character has been shaped within a work of fiction. It is best to analyze the characterization of each character individually first. Sometimes, after you’ve analyzed three or four characters, you begin to notice a pattern in how an author chooses to characterize the characters in that story. As the author, you might specifically use dialogues to characterize, or actions, but it is important to isolate these concepts and avoid making assumptions about the work before you’ve looked at it closely.

For IU, I was a bit intrigued with her past, especially since you made that kind of prologue. You did well with that by the way. Also, I think that her getting a bit of a memory loss was a bit typical, but I guess that's supposed to happen when you're being sent to that kind of place, although I'm not quite sure myself. I would've been awesome when she somehow has her memory with her that's still haunting her or

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter