☑ xoxoexo

Mental Breakdown Reviews ★ (╥﹏╥) ★ ☰ ARCHIVES
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Calling for xoxoexo

"Beneath Her Beauty"

Author: xoxoexo

Main Characters: Kai X OC (Kwon Areum)

Genre: Abuse, Angst, Family, Friendship, Romance

Status: On-going

Description of Story:
Kwon Areum is a rich enterpreneur, and owner to one of the top companies in Korea. She's smart, beautiful, talented, extraordinary—
However, she has one problem: her past.
In comes the hottest bachelor of South Korea, and by just one look, Kim Jongin figured everything out. He could see beyond her rigid posture, her cold demeanor, her merciless nature; he could feel the pain, the fear, the hurt, and he saw through the lies.
But what exactly is she hiding from?



    Critique:

Story Title: 5/5

The title isn't something unusual or unique, but it does present the story perfectly in three words. The air of mystery behind the title suits the overall theme you're going for in the story, so congratulations on that!

 

Graphics: 9/10

The  background is simple, neat, and it goes swimmingly well with the overall vibe of the story. The poster is also visually-appealing, though Areum's words seem to be fading, which makes it hard to read at first glance. The placement of the word "beautiful", however, seems to be placed awkwardly, and it might just be me or the font but it's misspelled? I think what I'm reading is "beuitiful"? Maybe that's just me and my horrible eyesight though. But overall, the graphics are visually-appealing and easy on the eyes.

 

Description and Foreword: 8/10

I liked reading the description, because it gave a nice summary on how your story will be, and it gave such a nice first-glance interaction of how Areum and Jongin would be like later in the story. The foreword also gave nice additions to the overall sneak peak of the story - however, I am a bit adverse on the list of the characters. While it isn't technically wrong to do that (and this may be just me talking), I think that /not/ revealing what your characters' positions in the story are, and to a lesser extent, the fate of the characters (pertaining to your statement about the character death that will occur in the story) gives a more intriguing feel that suits your story. However, I do like the fact that you didn't include the personalities or descriptions of the other characters because that's a mistake that potentially ruins the suspense of a story's characterization aspect. In any case, the description and foreword are all wonderfully made. :)

 

Characterization: 9/10

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter