☑ bananamilk10

Mental Breakdown Reviews ★ (╥﹏╥) ★ ☰ ARCHIVES
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Calling for bananamilk10

"The Vanity in My Love"

Author: bananamilk10

Main Characters: Luna Park(Park Sunyoung), Onew(Lee Jinki)

Genre: Drama, Romance

Status: On-going

Description of Story:
Luna Park is sent to her father's friend's house in South Korea from America, when her parents decide that she may study better there. There, she reunites with her best childhood friend(in her eyes), Lee Jinki, or how he prefers, Onew. Luna has a huge crush on Onew and idolizes him. Onew, on the other hand, despises Luna's childishness and scolds her every chance he gets. When he makes it clear that he only likes smart girls, she begins to study hard for him to like her. Conflicts occur during the story, causing Luna to slowly dislike Onew and his personality.
....



    Critique:

Story Title: 5/5

This is a super unique title that is definite to just your story. It isn't common and definitely helps the story stand out. Not only that, but the title matches with the plot pretty well. It perfectly describes Onew's problem with his pride. Personally, I find this title appealing, since it tells you a tiny bit about the story. The length is also just right. So overall, great job.

 

Graphics: 8/10

Your graphics are not outstanding when first seen, but are very neat and clean. It's important to find yourself a professional designer since having messy graphics really ruin the readers' first impression on your story. The colors are well defined and goes well with this romance theme. The title can be seen clearly in both the background and poster, so that's another plus. The poster is a little simple, but it's pleasing to the eyes. Although, I thought the way to portray the characters could've been better. They seem to contradict the personalities they have in the story. Onew looks like a happy-go-lucky while Luna seems like more like the arrogant type. I don't know if you personally picked the photos or the designer did, but it's significant to keep the character's expression similar to how they actually are. Other than that, your graphics are simple yet really nice and eye-catching.

 

Characterization: 7/10

I have to say your overall characterization is quite plain. You didn't go deep into any characters other than Onew and Luna. The other characters seem to be there just to fill up the background. But in comparison, the way you portrayed both Onew and Luna was very impressive. They both had unique personalities that is intriguing to me, personally. At first, I seriously thought Onew was going to be one of those arrogant jerks that are so typical. As the story progressed, so did the characters. So that's a big plus. 

What I thought you could've done better was elaborate on the second lead (which I'm guessing is Jonghyun) or Taeyeon, or basically anyone else at all so that it'll spice up the story a bit.

 

Plot: 34/40

Your plot overall was a super cute story that's perfect for any Lunew shippers out there. What's even better is that it gives off the sense of reality. The readers can easily imagi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter