☑ Sweet Talking Baby

Mental Breakdown Reviews ★ (╥﹏╥) ★ ☰ ARCHIVES
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
"Sweet Talking Baby"

Author: kwon88im

Main Characters: Yoona & Yuri

Genre: Drama, Family, Fluff, Romance, Yuri

Status: Completed

Description of Story:
This is story about Yoona and Yuri who expecting their first baby.

 

   


Story Title: 3.5/5

The story title is a SNSD song title, and is somewhat related to the story in that sense. There is a baby involved (…though not so much in this fic?) and Yuri sort of cajoles Yoona sometimes, so I supposed ‘sweet-talking’ is part of the story as well. However, this concept of using a song title, while it adds a bit more essence to the story, has been overused, and in this case, the link is a bit weak. The title is a bit too fluffy for me, but that’s my personal opinion so I can’t deduct marks for that.

 

Appearance: 3.5/5

a. Poster and Background. 3.5/5

There isn’t a background for the fic so I can’t judge. In terms of poster design, while it is good it isn’t complicated and overtly colorful, it appears too minimalistic for the dramatic story. As this story is chaptered, there is bound to be numerous conflicts and much more characters. However, I can’t glimpse any potential plot or characters of the story from the poster at all.

 

Character Development: 7.5/10

a. Unity of the Characters and Their Actions. 3.5/5

Yoona’s character is quite understandable, what with her pregnancy and therefore being prone to mood swings and being more emotional. 
However, Yuri’s character is what I’d like to comment on. Yuri is shown to love Yoona a lot, which is great, but she appears to have no qualms with shutting out Yoona’s concerns and worries. Usually, won’t people notice when their partner is behaving strangely? While I understand that Yuri is dense, however, she appears to be too dense to the workings of the people around her. While being dense allows a lot of room for the character’s to make mistakes, being overtly dense make cause the character to appear too extreme. Despite her friends’ numerous warnings, she still goes ahead with going out with Jiyeon. I believe if Yuri is such a successful businesswoman, she should be intelligent, right? Otherwise, the supporting characters are fine!

b. Evolution of Characters. 4/5

In terms of evolution, for me, the main change I saw was how Yuri managed to change. She used to prioritize work first sometimes, not thinking of Yoona’s feelings, but afterwards, she learns to understand that Yoona won’t be there waiting for her every single time. The characters all changed (for the better) throughout the story, so that was good.

 

Plot: 29/35

a. Originality. 4/5

This story is quite original, as I don’t t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter