☑ VelvelLove01007

Mental Breakdown Reviews ★ (╥﹏╥) ★ ☰ ARCHIVES
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Calling for VelvetLove01007

"Reminiscing Rose"

Author: VelvetLove01007

Main Characters: Jeon Jungkook, Han Jangmi

Genre: Angst, Family, Friendship, Romance

Status: Completed

Description of Story:
As Jungkook walks through his days without her, he reminisces about his rose.

 

  Critique:

Story Title: 3.5/5

Just from the title, you can instantly tell that it’ll be a very melancholy story, and if that’s what you were going for then kudos to you! It does garter enough attention that you wonder who this “Rose” is and why specifically that type of flower was chosen for the title. I like it but if this were to appear on a list of fanfics, it wouldn’t be the first one I would click but I haven’t seen a title like that so yay. 

 

Graphics: 8.5/10

The poster is very nice and sweet, however because there is a white background it blends into the rest of the foreword—I’m not sure if that was your purpose or not, but it’d be nice if I can tell what part was the poster exactly. Nonetheless I would like to say that the background really matches up with the poster and creates a soft elegant look. 

 

Description and Foreword: 9/10

The description is enticing that you do want to continue reading on to learn what happened with Jungkook and this mystery girl with the lavender and vanilla scent. 

No grammar mistakes, but I do have one stickler about using the word “smeared” it’s sort of awkward I find because I imagine using the word smeared for a scent isn’t the best use for it (I associate the word smeared with liquid like substances) so maybe try a different word—perhaps something like “was entangled amongst the woven threads of the sheets.” Just a thought. 

The foreword is confusing though, because while I know there are two people speaking, their conversations do not totally align with another and that threw me off.

Honestly, I wasn’t expecting much of the foreword or description since this is only three chapters of the story so I think it’s interesting enough without giving away too much of the plot.

 

Characterization: 10/10

The relationship you created between Jungmi and Jungkook is really amazing, especially since you did a timeline of their friendship and how it grew over the years and because of that, their friendship became more meaningful and easier to connect with. Their responses to one another and how they reacted to the other was very realistic. Even as Jungmi went through her hardships, I find that her response was adequate and relatable, as well as Jungkook’s. 

What really stood out for me was the differing views of the two on certain things and how Jungkook is more focused on Jungmi’s welfare than anyone else’s, while Jungmi brushes him off because she believes that she doesn’t want to burden him. Thei

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter