☑ kim_ji_eun

Mental Breakdown Reviews ★ (╥﹏╥) ★ ☰ ARCHIVES
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
"Search of Two Fates"

Author: kim_ji_eun

Main Characters: Park Eunsoo (OC), Luhan, Kim Jongin

Genre: Angst, Fantasy/Supernatural, Romance, School Life

Status: On-going

Description of Story:
He presses his lips to mine, stopping not only my sentence but my breath in my throat.
He takes my face in his hands and moves his mouth slowly across mine. Every nerve ending in my body is electrified.
He pulls away and searches my eyes. “You haven’t lost me,” he says, before bringing me back to him.
Just when I decide that I could kiss him all day, he says, “What if this is a Search?”
I stiffen. “What?”
“What if now, this very moment, isn’t set in stone. What if you’re just seeing a vision of what could be?”

 

   


Story Title: 4/5

‘Search of Two Fates’. Firstly, if the readers decide to read a story, the title must attract them am I right? Well, you see sometimes reviewers would not judge by how your story title and your story content relate. If I were to judge your story title and your story content, I do find the relevancy between those two sections. But as stated at the shop, story title is the first impression you give to your readers and for me, my first thought would be just some kind of cliche kind of i-love-you-let’s-live-together kind of story judging by your story title. Well, it’s a bit off but I don’t find any similar story title as yours so extra marks for that. Interested? Yes, indeed. Why? Because it gives me that classic vibe so again, extra marks for that.

 

Appearance: 6/10

a. Poster and Background. 2.5/5

It’s classic. I’ve said before that I like classic but something is a bit off. I don’t dislike it neither I said I like it. It’s a 50/50 feelings. If I were to relate it to your story content, I don’t really think it suits the story that much. 

b. Lay-out and Formatting. 3.5/5

I think 4 people in a poster would be too crowded but since the poster only use small pictures so I think it’s fine. The OC girl is really cute but creepy a little bit. I mean, her eyes are too big. Okay, I’m not making fun of her. I just thought maybe the shop you request could provide smaller eyes version of the girl. I think Kai’s posture look a bit awkward in there. He looks like a mannequin(a handsome one) and it really sent  me goosebumps. While Luhan, he seems sleepy.

As for the font, it’s fine. The text are readable just some words are hidden under the poster’s colors, you might want to choose a poster that brings out those words next time since they are quite important for your story. Overall, it’s not that bad.

 

Description and Foreword: 9/10

Well, it’s a bit confusing with the ‘Search’ word and I’m sure everyone are curious but that is a good way on luring your reader to continue reading. Of course, I had a high expectation towards this story of yours although it disturb me a lot by the word. You describe a little about Park Eunsoo and I’m glad you did. It helps me a lot to understand.

Usually, I’m not fond with stories that introduce each of the story characters, be it just names because a lot of author often writing and not showing or proving what they wrote are true. I’m quite disappointed in that but of course, you’re in my favorite list. Your foreword are neat. Credits, disclaimer saying that you’re writing a k-version of english novel, all that every readers need are in there. Very impressive.       

 

Character Development: 15/15

a. Unity of the Characters and Their Actions. 5/5

I really like Eunsoo and her friends conversation. She has a good sense of humor which means you have a good sense of humor. I treasure each conversation she had but the most memorable moments is when Luhan asked Eunsoo if this is a Search. I think it’s your favorite too seeing how you put it in your poster as well.

b. Evolution of Characters. 5/5

Okay, let’s start with Eunsoo, shall we?

Park Eunsoo- The character she has make me fall in love with her each chapter. She take care of herself well. She don’t act like a like some OC characters do. She don’t really depends on someone except for Krystal, I mean they are best friends. Aren’t best friends supposed to help each other? Okay, back to our main point, Eunsoo is a determined person. If she’s curious about something, she won’t shrug it off and act like nothing happened. The part where she’s brave enough to face(forced to) Poison and end up in Baekhyun’s house really get on my nerves. It’s like I’m in there with her. In o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter