☑ ChoiNathan

Mental Breakdown Reviews ★ (╥﹏╥) ★ ☰ ARCHIVES
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Calling for ChoiNathan

"Dead Heart Serendipity"

Author: ChoiNathan

Main Characters: Do Kyungsoo, Kim Jongin

Genre: Angst, Drama, Romance, Tragedy, /Yuri

Status: Completed

Description of Story:
Kim Jongin wakes up one day to know that he had a job, a huge responsibility, and a tie with someone whom he never met.




 

Critique:

Story Title: 5/5

Your story title is simply beautiful. While some may comment on the contrast between the title as a whole, once they read the story everything will fall into place. The title draws readers in; it's unique and it makes people curious. I, myself, was very excited to have this story as my first review here. Once I saw the title, I instantly knew that this was something that I would enjoy. I was also very curious about it since my mind went to the contrast. Anyway, the story title is just amazing, and compliments the story itself- something that people find hard to do. 'Dead Heart' is just so different from 'Serendipity' which is why I find that it's a good title. People may disagree, but a title which has contrast makes people curious. Curiosity is a good thing; yes, curiosity killed the cat but that's beside the point.

 

Graphics: 9/10

Your graphics are amazing. I love how the paint spills (probably not the correct word to use, but my wording is terrible) off of the top square. I clearly have no experience with graphics so pardon my terrible descriptions- I'm sure you know what I mean though. The quote you used: 'You spill coffee I spill paint.' was really lovely. I instantly knew that it was Jongin who was speaking, really lovely. The layout is really nice as well. The background compliments the layout without distracting the reader from the story. I like the Chinese at the bottom of each chapter as well! Also, I need to say that I'm so happy that you centered it. I think that everything looks neater and it was easier to read.

 

Description and Foreword: 9/10

The description is rather short. Usually stories have at least a paragraph, if not two. However, unlike other stories your description leaves room for curiosity, imagination. Many stories which have short descriptions tend to be ones that I don't look at but with yours it was actually quite alluring for me. Also I like the "死 心脏 运气" at the bottom of it (Dead heart of luck- in this case serendipity, it's a nice touch).

Moving on to the foreword, I like how you separated it into sections. It's neat and also very pretty, and people like pretty things. Okay so with the music playlist; good job. It's hard to find songs that match your story- well I assume it is- and while reading it they all fit in well. When looking at some of the lyrics to a couple of these songs, I understood why you chose them. They work well with the story, plus it means the reader doesn't have to read in silence. Normally I listen to songs while reading but end up getting distracted by the music, so your provided playlist let me put all my attention on the story.

The section about the reviews and your thoughts on them show that you are actually taking these reviews into account, which is nice. Most people just take the review and don't change anything, but it's their choice after all.

Quick thing that I need to mention:

Original: and others are just sad that it will go well while you read.
Edit: and others are just sad so that it will go well while you read.

I'm a real pain when it comes to detail. This will

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter