☑ YuukiHikari

Mental Breakdown Reviews ★ (╥﹏╥) ★ ☰ ARCHIVES
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Calling for YuukiHikari

"1개의 춤 (One Dance)"

Author: YuukiHikari

Main Characters: BTS' Jungkook and Taehyung (V)

Genre: Angst, Fantasy/Supernatural, Friendship, Tragedy

Status: Completed

Description of Story:
Right now, let's dance. Before the chance passes us by... and everything is lost to flames.
 

  Critique:

Story Title: 3.5/5

I’ve seen a lot of stories that use Korean directly in the title, and well at the very least, for English speaking fans, you put the English version in brackets so thank you for that.

However the title “One Dance” is not necessarily the most intriguing title out there and a bit bland if I have to be honest. It gives a melancholy feel to it and well, if I was particularly looking for that type of story, I’d click on yours. But to discern it from all the other stories on AFF, it doesn’t stand out and I’d most likely pass by it without a second look. Though I have to say, going back from reading the story, it fits the story well.

 

Graphics: 8/10

Your poster has almost a reminiscent feel to it, like it’s looking into the past. It’s neat and clean, as the colours of the poster blend well together. However because your target audience is literally English speaking people, wouldn’t it have made more sense to make the title “One Dance” bigger than the Korean version? It’s just a thought really.

Also there’s a quote “Right now, before you go, let’s dance” that’s right at the top of the poster, and I wouldn’t have noticed that right away since it’s very small. If anything it’d be better if that was enlarged just a tad since it seems to hold importance as it connects back to the title. 

Other than that, all in all, it’s a very nice poster and I really like the overall emotion it invokes, as well as the emphasis of Taehyung and Jungkook since they’re the main characters.

 

Description and Foreword: 8.5/10

Your description is short, simple and links right back to the reason why you picked your title. It gives more insight and has enough of a cliff hanger at the end that it’s able to entice readers into reading more on what’s it’s about and just why everything would be lost to flames.

The snippet you added in your foreword was confusing, to say the least or maybe it’s just me. Is there more than one voice talking? Because if there is, maybe you space it out or something so that it’s clear. Nonetheless, it’s interesting but the last line “Right now, before you go… let’s dance!” The exclamation mark is a tad perky I have to admit, and it’s a bit out of place compared to the rest of your snippet, so maybe a period would work a bit better or something, considering that same line is used for your poster and there’s no exclamation mark in sight on there. EDIT: see plot for more information.

Afterwards you have things such as genre, characters, as well as word count and about everything else I expect in a foreword. It’s very neatly laid out and easy on the eyes. Nicely done.

 

Characterization: 8/10

There are only two people that are the main focuses of the story which are Taehyung and Jungkook.
The story is spoken from Taehyung’s point of view and I applaud you over the fact that you were able to divulge into his emotions and how he feels through the whole ordeal. 

You’re able to see how much Taehyung loves Jungkook and how Jungkook just adores Taehyung. 
Jungkook, you can tell is very fun and loving, a youngling really, and his personality is very cheerful.
You succeeded in creating the character’s own personalities and made them original and likable as well.

I think however, you could have expanded the relationship between Jungkook and Taehyung a bit more so that readers can connect to t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter