November 2nd - November 24th

365 Days of EXO Drabbles

AU. Girl!Baekhyun. Drabble for week ten of the competition. Originally with Tiffany and OC.

Prompt: Anything related to ‘Like Ooh-Ahh’ from Twice. I picked the lyrics: “I’ll wait, no matter how long it takes”. Exactly 500 words.

 

Baekhyun sat quietly at that park bench, looking out into the last falling leaves of autumn, and the scarce amount of people that went by, doing their own thing. She did that every year, on November 2nd, always arriving at the same time, and staying until the sun went down, and the stars announced that the day was over. She had a promise to keep, and she’d diligently wait for him until it was fulfilled.

Chanyeol had told her, right before he went away, that November 2nd was the day  he’d be out, the day he’d come home to her. He told her to wait for him, so that when he was once with her again, they could start creating that beautiful life together that they had long dreamed of; their dream home, their wanted children, their quiet life along each other’s side as they grew old. And that’s why she always sat on that cold bench, like a perfect stone statue doing nothing but watch the faces go by.

The war wasn’t over yet, and as the months passed, more and more men were shipped off to fight it, for their country, for their honor. She had to watch, as the women around her – wives, mother and sisters – got news of their departed. Getting a letter from the army was always an indicator of bad news in such horrible times. She watched them mourn; she helped them through those difficult moments. But all the while, she wondered when it would be her. When would she hear that he wouldn’t come anymore? When would she need help and console?

But those dark thoughts didn’t incapacitate her. She’d wait for him, even if that war lasted 10 years, or 20 years. She’d be there, every year, as she had so far, and until the end of her life, if it was necessary; waiting to see his handsome face, which then would be most likely tainted with the harshness of the trenchers and the dirty grounds of war. But as long as she got to see him, she didn’t mind. She’d wait as long as it takes, even if that was forever.

And when her hair starts to show grey, and her face is filled with lines of expression, marking her long years, she’d still look out onto that park, a memory of her lover’s face forever stamped beneath her eyelids, scarring her tired eyes. She could almost see him out there, fighting for her, looking out for her. She could always feel his love, even from a distance, his devotion was there.

Through all the years, she’d persevere in his behalf. When she felt he was gone, when she felt there was no hope left, she’d stay on that spot, carving the memory of that location onto her soul. If not now, if not while she lived, then after it, they could meet. She’d be there for him as long as she needed to be, honoring his life, and his departure.

 

The End. 500 Words.


AN:

lol, the title looks confusing X_X It's because the drabble was already named 'November 2nd' guys, that wasn't on purpuse!
ps. I had to find a way to fit EXO into this, but if I just left him as a guy, he'd have to go to war too, so it made no sense. Because of that, you guys get girl!Baekhyun...

Anyway, this was the last week, and my winning drabble ^^ The entire competition was a really fun thing, and the admins said that they will be working on more stuff too, so that's cool! Now all the competition drabbles are done, and we'll be back to my normal usual drabbles ^^