How Can We Control What We Dream About? - September 15th

365 Days of EXO Drabbles

AU.

 

Luhan sighed, peeking out from the kitchen into the living room, where Minseok was calmly watching TV.

He wanted to go up to his boyfriend and just talk, but he was hesitant. He didn’t know how it would go. But he felt bad for hiding it. It made him feel guilty not to tell Minseok about what happen. And being completely truthful to himself, Luhan also felt a bit curious. He wanted to know how Minseok would react.

What would Minseok be like after he told him he had dreamed about his Ex?

With a rather loud gulp, Luhan went forward, going straight to it.

“Minseok?”

He called, and the other hummed back, glancing over to him.

“I want to tell you something important.”

That phrase, and the tone of Luhan’s voice, made Minseok turn off the TV, turning his body slight so he could face Luhan, who had just sat beside him on the couch. Luhan was avoiding eye contact, since Minseok’s gaze seemed to be burning a hole all the way to the back of his head.

“Well, the thing is… Last night, I…”

Luhan hesitated again. He didn’t know why he felt so guilty about it. It’s not like he had any control over his dreams, it wasn’t his fault. If he could, he’d only dream about Minseok, all the time.

“You what?”

Minseok asked since Luhan’s silence started to make him worry.

“I dreamed about my ex-boyfriend.”

Luhan just spit the words out, quickly so he wouldn’t hesitate in the middle again.

“… And?”

Minseok asked since Luhan was silent again. It was like he expected it to be more than that.

“That’s it… I dreamed about him. We were out shopping for something, I can’t remember. It wasn’t nothing weird or ual or nothing like that, he was just there….”

Luhan weakly answered, examining Minseok’s expression very carefully. The man didn’t seem altered at all.

“This is the important thing?”

The man asked, and Luhan nodded, looking down and feeling guilty.

“Did you go meet him in real life?”

“No!”

Luhan immediately responded.

“Then it’s not important. It’s just a dream. It’s not like you can choose what you dream about. Even I have dreamed about my ex before.”

Minseok calmly said.

Luhan felt the little stupid feeling of jealousy creeping up to him. That made him feel a bit annoyed with himself, since at the beginning he was fearful that Minseok would get jealous, but now it ends up the jealous one was him.

“You have?”

“Are you jealous?”

Minseok asked, reading through Luhan’s face like it was a children’s book.

“A bit.”

Luhan admitted, once again not being able to look at his boyfriend.

“Well, you shouldn’t be. I have dreamed about you many more times.”

Minseok sweetly said, reaching for Luhan’s hand, giving it a little squeeze as he intertwined their fingers.

“Really? I have dreamed more about you too.”

Luhan smiled, looking right into his boyfriend’s beautiful eyes, feeling nothing but calm and warmth coming from that gaze.

“You better have.”

Minseok answered, pulling Luhan in for a hug.

 

The End. 518 Words.


AN:

Hey guys! Sorry I'm missing so many days again >.< it's just been a really hard weekend, and I think this week is not going to be any better... Please hang with me while I sort things out okay? I'll try to go back to posting daily as soon as possible.