Family Reputation - March 11th

365 Days of EXO Drabbles

20th Century AU.

 

Jongdae cleared the last set of plates from the table of the big dining hall, looking back as his fellow footmen accompanied the family and their guests to the library.

He calmly paced his way through a few hallways, going down a set of stairs to reach the kitchen, where things were far quieter than when he was last there to receive the food he had to take upstairs.

“Man! That Australian guest was so disgusting! He had no table manners, like a pig!”

He complained as soon as he put the plates down, getting the attention of the other staff.

“You shouldn’t say that! Isn’t he to marry one of the ladies of this house?”

One of the maids carried out the conversation, and Jongdae frowned as he started to answer.

“Yes, but only because of him money. Definitely not because of his manners. He’ll be an embarrassment to the family.”

Right then, the head maid cleared loudly, and gave Jongdae a look of disapproval.

“Then our lady will just teach him how to behave after they marry. Though I don’t see why this would be any of your business, Jongdae. Shouldn’t you be going up to help the others?”

She talked very sternly, and the footman instantly looked ashamed and repressed. Looking down, he felt the need to have one last say in the matter after he started moving back upstairs.

“I just care about the well-being and reputation of this family, that’s all.”

 

The End. 248 Words.