Discovering Oneself - December 23rd

365 Days of EXO Drabbles

AU.

 

Sehun was the type of person who couldn’t stay single for a very long time. It wasn’t that he was overly flirty, or always looking for someone to date, it just always happened. He had been in short relationships, and long relationships, and ever since he was 17 years old, he had never spent more than 2 months single between each relationship.

Currently, he had just broken up with his 2 years long girlfriend, and he was completely done with dating. He needed a break.

“So you’re just not going to date?”

Chanyeol asked, highly skeptical of his friend’s statement.

“Yeah. I just need a break, you know? My entire life, I’ve been in relationship after relationship; I’ve had no real time to enjoy single life properly.”

Sehun explained himself, taking a sip out of his beer. Chanyeol could barely believe it. Sehun was probably one of the luckiest friends he had, since every woman seemed to want him; at that exact moment, most of the women from the bar had been eyeing the two of them, and Chanyeol knew most of the looks were to Sehun. It was like the man exhaled an ‘I’m single’ pheromone that attracted the other .

“Are you serious? Being single ! You have no one to cuddle, no one to go with you to romantic places! You know those really good restaurants downtown? They don’t take reservations for 1. You gotta have a date if you want to eat at a place like that.”

Chanyeol complained, but nothing that he said seemed to get through to Sehun. Since the two were opposites – as Chanyeol constantly wished to have a girlfriend, but never found the right woman that could properly handle him – it was hard for them to understand each other.

“I just need some time to myself. I need to be alone for a while so I can start to discover who I really am, without being in a relationship.”

Sehun’s answers were absent-minded, as he looked on to the barkeep, seeing as the man attended to people around, and mixed drink after drink. He was contemplating life, and the movements of the various fluids and cups went well with his serious mood.

“Okay, whatever you say.”

Chanyeol said, but continued to not believe his friend’s words. He did understand that Sehun wished for that time to himself, and he understood all that Sehun meant by each phrase, but he simply did not believe the man would be able to stay single for too long.

And low and behold, a couple of ladies decided to be bold and advance from staring to actually approaching them. Chanyeol knew that as the night went on – and especially after Sehun repeated the entire ‘I need to be single to discover myself’ speech to them – the two would have completely fallen for the man, and Sehun would probably be dating one of them by the end of the week.

 

The End. 492 Words.


AN:

Hey guys!

I really liked the AU from chapter 355 (the SM High one), and since a few of you liked it a lot too, I've decided to make it into a full story! It has been added to the list on the foreword! Right now I'm in the process of making forewords for all those stories, so you can look forward to a foreword of 'SM High' coming soon as well!