Feelings - August 31st

365 Days of EXO Drabbles

AU. Sequel to chapter 212 ‘What Friends Do’.

 

Kyungsoo stirred his drink with the straw, vaguely looking out to all the people in the coffee shop. He didn’t feel like looking at Sehun at the moment, so he could only watch other people pass by.

All of the natural small talk – how are you, what was your day like – had all been discussed, and so they had no choice but to enter the more serious subject.

But Sehun didn’t want to be the first one to talk. He didn’t know what to say, what Kyungsoo wanted to hear. He felt angry and confused. It was hard being such good friends with both. Because now he was helping Jongin, and pitying him whenever they were together, but when he was with Kyungsoo, he only felt hated and felt angry at Jongin. It was like he was channeling their feelings, and in all that mess, he couldn’t tell which were his own.

“So, he’s staying with you, right?”

Kyungsoo asked, still avoiding eye contact. Sehun couldn’t tell if the man looked sad, or detached.

“Yes, he is. He’s sleeping on the couch.”

Sehun answered truthfully. He wouldn’t lie to Kyungsoo, the man didn’t deserve that. Not after all that happened.

“That’s good, I guess.”

Kyungsoo started, looking at his drink, and stirring it some more. Since he had ordered it, he had not taken a single sip yet.

“He doesn’t have much money, so he wouldn’t be able to stay at a hotel for too long.”

Sehun could see that Kyungsoo was rationalizing it as he spook, and he definitely seemed detached, but deep down he could see something. Sehun could still see hurt, Kyungsoo was still in pain.

“It’ll be okay.”

Sehun unconsciously said, making Kyungsoo finally look at him.

“It’ll get better. You’ll get better.”

Sehun continued, looking down as he was not able to hold Kyungsoo’s gaze. He felt guilty about what he was about to say, because he knew it would only put salt in Kyungsoo’s wound, but he felt it would be for the best in the long run. But still, he rather not have to look Kyungsoo in the eyes as he did so.

“You two weren’t meant to be anyway. He wasn’t good for you. I know you wanted him, but he didn’t deserve you. You can do much better than him, I know it.”

And finally, Sehun felt a feeling of his own. But it wasn’t something easily admitable, he felt it was ugly, shameful. But he felt it, and when he looked at Kyungsoo it got stronger.

He didn’t want Kyungsoo to be hurt, but he also didn’t agree with the man’s choice in dates. And now he saw a beautiful chance in front to him – which he was too ashamed to take, and probably wouldn’t.

Sehun felt his heart pine for Kyungsoo, and he shut it down as quickly as possible, unaware of how much pain that decision would cause.

 

The End. 490 Words.


AN:

Here, as promised! The 'last' one of the sequel of Broken!Kaisoo drabbles!

I had sort of forgotten about this (it got lost in my drafts, sorry!), so thanks to shirubamuun for reminding me!

So as I said before, I don't really plan on making more sequels with this plot (I know it's cruel to leave it hanging at this point...), I'm just out of ideas on which way to go. But since I like pleasing everyone, I'll offer this: if you really want more sequels with this storyline, try to comment which way you think the next drabble should go, and maybe I'll get inspired and write more for it! (if no one says anything about it, then I'll just know it's okay to stop here ^^)