Human Contact - December 6th

365 Days of EXO Drabbles

AU.

 

“Hey, I’m back!”

Jongin screamed out as he entered the apartment, hoping that at least one of his three roommates would answer to him. He wasn’t surprised that there was absolute silence in return, but he knew they were all home, because he could see that their shoes were all by the door.

He went into the living room and found Sehun slouched on the couch, with a controller in his hand and eyes fixated on their TV screen. He was very focused on playing his game that he didn’t even notice Jongin pass by.

“Hey there.”

Jongin greeted, but his voice was barely heard over the game sounds that were leaving the TV. Since he got no attention from this one, Jongin decided to try someone else, and moved to the hallway, entering Luhan’s room.

“Hi.”

He simply said, but the man had his back to the door, and his headphones on, so he obviously didn’t hear. This one was also playing a game; he was hunched on his chair, his face way closer to the computer screen that it should really be, and his hand non-stop clicking the mouse, as his character fired out bullets on the screen.

Jongin sighed and turned back, going for his last option, knowing that at least that one wouldn’t be enticed by a game like the other two, since he didn’t play much.

When he entered Minseok’s room, he expected the man to be lying on the bed, and that’s where he found him. The only problem was that he was completely focused on his phone, tapping and tapping non-stop, and Jongin could see the mobile game interface on the screen. Jongin had forgotten about those games.

“Hi Hyung.”

He weakly said, and this time he managed to get a grunt of acknowledgement, but the older couldn’t really turn to face him – pay any attention at all to the man at his door – since he would lose if he was interrupted.

Jongin sighed once again, and exited the room. He dragged his feet over to his own room, complaining in his own head about being ignored. He felt like pulling the three away from their games and starting to complain about how the technology was ruining their generation, and how they were all losing human contact.

He just felt that it all , he was so angry at all these amazing inventions. He was cussing it all in his mind, and saying that he would never really need those things to live happily.

And at the same time, he pulled out his phone, and with only two simple clicks, he was facetiming his mother, who answered with a joyous smile. As Jongin smiled back, he didn’t even realize how much he would suffer without all that technology. He was so focused on seeing the bad of it, that he couldn’t see how it was helping him in many ways.

 

The End. 487 Words.