I Love You, Teacher… - March 12th

365 Days of EXO Drabbles

School AU.

 

Joonmyun arranged his things in his bag, doing it extra slowly so he could wait for the flow of students to leave and start going home, since classes were done for the day.

He adored his students, but he found it quite awkward to walk out with them, since there were a few who took the same way he did. So got used to waiting, and leaving after he was sure he’d be able to walk alone.

“I should buy a car…  That’d make things easier…”

He mumbled to himself. With the side of his eyes, he noticed what seemed to be the last few students going out, so he looked up to check if the classroom was empty. It wasn’t. Right in front of his desk stood Kyungsoo, waiting patiently to be noticed, obviously not wanting to interrupt the other.

“Yes?”

Joonmyun asked, a bit surprised, not only because he thought the room was empty, but because Do Kyungsoo was a very quiet kid, who seemed to always avoid talking.

“I need to tell you something, teacher.”

The boy looked nervous, and that made Joonmyun nervous. It was natural of him to think of trouble when a student asked to talk to him like that. And what Kyungsoo had to say would cause him trouble, just not the trouble he expected, or was used to.

“Actually, it’s more of a confession… I don’t know if I should be doing this, but I feel like I need to say it…”

So far that was already more words than the boy had ever said without involving him having to read it out of a book. Kyungsoo couldn’t look at him. His face was red, and he kept fidgeting with his hands, getting more and more nervous the more he spoke.

“The truth is, I’m in love with you, Teacher. I- I… I just can’t stop thinking about you…”

Joonmyun’s jaw dropped. He had never been so shocked in his entire life. He could only stare in awe as Kyungsoo carefully looked up at him, face completely red. The boy didn’t seem to be waiting for an answer; he just looked like he regretted what he just did. With a quick bow, Kyungsoo rushed off, not looking back.

Joonmyun felt weird. He never faced a problem like that, and even though he knew he’d never date a student, he still found himself nervously thinking of how he would answer Kyungsoo.

 

The End. 408 Words.