How? - July 22nd

365 Days of EXO Drabbles

High School AU.

 

“How did you find me?”

Luhan asked, his voice shaking almost as much as his body. He was drenched in rain water, feeling cold and tired. He tried not to shake so much, but it was involuntary and he had minimal control over it. Even in the safety of the tree house, everything still looked like crap to him, cold and wet.

“Everyone’s searching for you, they’re all worried. When Yixing called me asking for help, I just got this weird feeling that you’d be here.”

In the past month, Luhan wasn’t usually happy to hear his ex-boyfriend Sehun’s voice, but that night it sounded so warm, so inviting; it was like a memory of what once was good.

“Yixing told me about your parents…”

Sehun continued after there was no response, and he approached him slowly, taking careful steps.

“My dad moved out today.”

Luhan said, looking down. He grew up in such a happy family, a golden household; he could barely believe his parents were slitting up. Without realizing, he started crying once more.

“Do you want me to call Yixing?”

Sehun asked, not really knowing what to do, and considering they current situation, Luhan’s friend would probably be better at giving him comfort than him, and ex-boyfriend.

“How did you do it?”

Luhan asked in between sobs. Sehun knew he meant how he got through his parents splitting. He had told Luhan about it while they were getting to know each other, but he never got into details.

Sehun kindly smiled, sitting down next to Luhan and putting his arm around him.

“It gets easier with time. You’ll see.”

He said, and then just sat there, letting Luhan cry all he wanted, since he knew that was the only remedy. 

 

The End. 293 Words.