Homicide Detective - April 7th

365 Days of EXO Drabbles

Detective AU.

 

Being a homicide detective was what Chanyeol had wanted for a long time. He liked being the good guy, and the idea of being the hero who put those bad people behind bars really pleased him.

But now half way through his first case, he was starting to realize things wouldn’t be easy. Especially after he discovered he became unbelievably queasy at the sight of deat bodies.

“Do you need a bucket…? To throw up or something? Or maybe you’d rather wait outside?”

The coroner’s assistant asked, holding onto his arm as Chanyeol took a faulty step back and almost fell. The detective’s eyes were not able to divert away from the corpse on the table. The fact that Kyungsoo was pulling organs out of said body wasn’t helping either.

“No… If my superiors can handle it, then so can I.”

Chanyeol tried to be convincing, bit by the looks of the faces of Kyungsoo and his assistant, he obviously failed.

“Man, you cops think you’re okay with everything, and insist on talking to us in the autopsy room, just to get all sick and light-headed when you see what’s happening. Why don’t you just wait sitting on your little desk until I’m done, and read the things out of a report?”

Kyungsoo retorted, an obvious grudge against cops being kept in his heart, which had probably nothing to do with Chanyeol, even though he was the one who had to hear the complaint. But the man wouldn’t back down, he was a detective, and that was his first case.

“Just tell me something useful that I can work on while you finish with… erm… Him.”

Chanyeol pointed to the body with his pen, feeling nauseous again.

“Fine, but if you pass out, I’m leaving you right there on the floor.”

 

The End. 301 Words.