Not Alone - December 30th

365 Days of EXO Drabbles

 

It was past midnight, sometime in between 2AM and 3AM, and everyone at the EXO dorm seemed to be sleeping. The apartment was dark and silent.

Jongdae had just woken up, and he felt very thirsty. He had not taken a cup of water to his room that night, and he immediately regretted it, because now he’d have to get up from his comfortable bed to go get a drink.

With some hesitation, and a lot of annoyance, he got up and made his way out of the room. He would have gone straight to the kitchen and back to his room with the water, but something on the way caught his attention, a dim light was on as he passed by the living room. Joonmyun was on the couch, a yellow notepad on his lap and a pen in hand, looking troubled.

“Hyung, what’s wrong?”

Jongdae forgot about his thirst right away, the worry for the older man filling his mind.

Joonmyun looked a bit startled to suddenly hear Jongdae’s voice, as he didn’t notice the younger stepping into the room.

“Ah… I just…”

The leader wanted to answer the question, but at the same time he didn’t wish to worry his friend.

Jongdae easily noticed the distress in the older man’s face, even though the weak light from the lamp next to Joonmyun didn’t do much to show his facial features. The man moved to sit next to his leader, comfortably cuddling up to his shoulder, since it felt nicer to sit together in that cold night.

“What’s this?”

He tapped the yellow notepad. There were a few words scribbled on it, but most of it had been risked over.

“It’s a draft of the acceptance speech. The company wants me to hand it in for them to look it over before the award show.”

Joonmyun explained. Each speech had to be different in some way, and he had done that many times already.

“Why are you doing this now? And why do you look so stressed out? We do this every year.”

Jongdae asked, not properly understanding his leader’s feelings.

“I know, but it’s always stressful. Having to accept important awards, and say the proper thing, remembering to thank everyone. I never quite now if I’m doing it right, I can’t write speeches well.”

Jongdae never knew that those times were so troublesome to Joonmyun. For him, it was mostly exciting, being nominated for awards, winning them. He had no idea the older suffered through the process.

“Can I help?”

He asked, truly wanting to make things easier for the leader.

Joonmyun showed him a kind and warm smile, which already made Jongdae feel like he was helping the older feel better.

“That’d be great.”

Joonmyun simply answered, moving the pad over so it was between the two. They spent the rest of the night talking things over, writing down a proper speech for the amazing awards that were coming their way during that time of year.

Joonmyun didn’t always remember, but he had a very strong support group around him, and he didn’t need to do everything alone. s were with him, they were together through that, and it was okay to ask for help. They could enjoy the good times with one another, but also lean of each other during the bad moments too.

 

The End. 560 Words.


AN:

Here's the last foreword, guys! For chapter 3 'Angel Heart' and chapter 23 'Tainted Angel', the title is 'Between Angels and Demons' and here's the link.

I have to say, this was the harderst one to make! It was the first one I tried writing, and it ended up being the last posted! Because I just couldn't put the drabbles in, since it would be spoilers for people who were new to the story >.< I hope it came out good enough!

Tomorrow is the last day guys! I'm scared and excited at the same time! I'm trying to write a last AN to post with the chapter, but it's getting super long!

Anyway, I'll see you guys tomorrow!