That Man in the Mirror - November 9th

365 Days of EXO Drabbles

AU.

 

Jongdae would not consider his life a happy life. But then again, he only remembered up to a day’s passed, so he could have very well lived a wonderful life until yesterday came. He suffered from an incredibly unique memory loss condition, which he had to be reminded of time and again.

No doctor knew what was wrong with him, hence none knew how to fix it. The final conclusion was that his brain had been underdeveloped while in the womb or that he suffered a very traumatic injury that permanently damaged the organ. It was hard to tell which, since Jongdae couldn’t very well remember if he had been in an accident.

His name probably wasn’t even Jongdae, as one day he had just woken up with no memory of himself, in a city that had no one who knew him either. Slowly, his life started to build there, and he gained the name Kim Jongdae, and the support of various caretakers, although his life was mostly restrained to his house and the hospital. He couldn’t work, for if he started working on a project, he’d forget about it. So he made due on donations, and free care that the country provided.

But it still happened, occasionally, for him to wake up feeling strange to his surroundings, he’d look in the mirror, and wonder who was that man looking back at him, for he had no memory of his own face.

But now it was easier than before, since he had people around him to guide him through those moments, explain things to him with a collected calm, so he’d feel nice and cared for, even in such weird situation.

 

The End. 281 Words.


AN:

My life's schedule has changed recently, so I'm trying to adjust my posting schedule now too ^^

I actually think this will be a good thing, because before I was having to post so late in the day that in some parts of the world, that day was already over @_@ so now I'll start posting earlier, and it will probably match the dates with some of you guys :D (I hope)

 

Plus, just a little heads up, I'm looking over things relating to the list on the foreword (of the drabbles to be turned into fics), and there's going to be a few changes ok? I've been wanting to do some things (and ask some things to you guys too) for a while now, but I never get the time to look at it properly! I'll try to do it this week or the next tops! (I'm putting this little note here just to force me into doing it XD since when I tell you guys something, I try to get it done quickly.)