Pretend - July 27th

365 Days of EXO Drabbles

(LATE)

Office AU.

 

As Jongdae walked to where the fax machine was, he passed by Jongin’s desk, and noticed how stressed out the man looked.

“What’s wrong?”

He asked, going out of his way to approach his friend.

“I’m going crazy here!”

Jongin whispered, making Jongdae have to go even closer to continue the conversation.

“Why?”

The man whispered back, not really sure why they had to be quiet, but complying with it because Jongin already seemed stressed enough.

“Remember that rumor we heard about H.R. guys walking around the office, because the company is looking to fire some people?”

Jongin started, and Jongdae nodded, remembering very well how nervous he felt when he first heard that.

“Well, it’s true!”

Even while whispering, Jongin seemed like he was desperately screaming. He looked really distressed.

“They’ve been around here a lot today! And every time they pass, I’m not doing a single thing! Because I have to wait for those s to finish before I can start!”

Jongin pointed towards a group of workers who were calmly doing their thing. He was really starting to hate that he depended on those guys to finish so he could get to his part, especially since he was way faster than them, so he always finished first and had to way for more to be done to continue.

“H.R. Must thing I’m useless! They’re gonna want to fire me!”

Jongdae could see that his friend was really freaking out, but luckily he knew how to help. It was time to teach Jongin a skill that he had mastered years ago.

“Listen, all you have to do is pretend to be working.”

The man stated, but after receiving a very confused look, he elaborated.

“Every time you see them coming by, just start typing on your computer and messing with some papers on your desk. Act like you’re busy, and you’ll stop getting their attention. I’ve been doing this with our boss for years, and I’m still here aren’t I? It works.”

Jongdae smiled, and gave Jongin’s shoulder a tap before going on his way.

Jongin just sat still for a moment, feeling a bit stupid for not having though of that idea on his own, but he soon snapped out of it, as he say the H.R. guys coming by, and he had to start acting.

 

The End. 389 Words.


AN:

Hey guys! Sorry that I skipped a couple of days, but there was a huge storm in my city, and something electrical broke in my street, so I ended up without power for one and a half days!!! ;A; and when it got back my internet was going crazy, so I had to reconfigure it, and it took forever... So here I am, two days later, and catching up ^^

I'll post the other late one and today's one right away!