A Ghost, Two Holes and a Broken Couch - January 7th

365 Days of EXO Drabbles

AU.

 

Kyungsoo didn’t consider himself to be much of a stubborn person, but he’d always admit to having a lot of pride. He was fine with accepting occasional gifts from his 2 years long boyfriend, Joonmyun, but he hated when the other tried to get him practical things that he was needing.

“Come on Kyungsoo, I know a guy that can fix this in less than a week!”

The hole on the ceiling of Kyungsoo’s living room really bothered his boyfriend. The whole apartment was quite run down, as the man didn’t really have much money to fix things up right away, but a huge hole, that gave complete view of them to the upstairs neighbor was too much to Joonmyun.

“I told you already, I don’t have money for that right now.”

Kyungsoo sighed, looking up and waving at Mrs. Kim, who was looking down at them with curiosity.

“I’ll pay.”

Joonmyun always respected that Kyungsoo liked to be independent, he even really liked and admired that about him, but he was definitely not backing out of this. To have Mrs. Kim constantly listening in on their conversations, and spying on them whenever they started to get intimate, was really get out of hand.

“I don’t want you to! I’m gathering money, and I’ll pay for this myself, just like I’ll pay for the hole on the bathroom wall!”

Kyungsoo responded, and Joonmyun stepped back right away, looking surprised and confused.

“Hole in the bathroom wall?”

His boyfriend couldn’t hide the concern of his question, and Kyungsoo sighed as he rubbed the back of his head, feeling slightly awkward.

“Oh, I didn’t tell you about that? Last week, Mr. Park was putting up a mirror on his wall, and…”

“Kyungsoo!”

Joonmyun whined, feeling completely uncomfortable thinking that his boyfriend had a hole on the wall of the only bathroom of the whole apartment.

“I’ll fix it!”

The younger male immediately responded, looking agitated.

“Even if you do, another hole will open up somewhere else.”

Mrs. Kim said, up from her apartment, her head showing through the hole. She made the two men immediately look up to her with questions in their eyes.

“Because of the ghost, you see. The ghost of the girl who was trapped and killed here 40 years ago, right on your apartment. She’ll keep opening holes, to try to escape.”

The old lady continued, and the two males looked back at each other. Kyungsoo gae out an apologetic smile, and his boyfriend sighed.

“A ghost, Kyungsoo?”

Joonmyun felt his energy drain out, and gave another big sigh, stepping back to sit on the couch.

As soon as he sat down, the structure of the old piece of furniture gave in, breaking down and scaring him, though it really shouldn’t have been much of a surprise, considering everything was breaking down at that place.

“That’s it.”

Joonmyun said as he got up, turning to Kyungsoo.

“Move in with me.”

He bursted out, looking the most confident Kyungsoo had ever saw him.

“Huh?”

“Let’s live together!”

His boyfriend looked very sure of what he was saying, but the younger male couldn’t help but hesitate.

“But…”

He started, and Joonmyun rolled his eyes, interrupting him.

“You’re always at my place anyway! Everything you have is practically all there already! You only come to this once or twice a month, when you get stubborn. We’re practically living together already, just bring the rest of your stuff, and let’s make it official.”

Joonmyun argumented, and the other once more hesitated to speak. He wanted to accept right away, but he wasn’t sure of what was right to do.

“Do it, do it!”

They heard Mrs. Kim chanting voice coming from above, and both chuckled. Still smiling, Kyungsoo looked up to his boyfriend, and realized, just bt seeing the other’s smile, that he loved him profoundly, and as there were many pros to them living together, he could not find a single con against it.

“Okay then.”

He answered, and Joonmyun celebrated, Mrs. Kim joining his cheer right away. He walked forward and hugged Kyungsoo tightly.

“But only because I love you too much.”

Kyungsoo completed, hugging him back just as tight, not wanting to let go. Not now, not ever.

 

The End. 709 Words.