A Push of Fate - November 11th

365 Days of EXO Drabbles

High School AU.

 

It was his first day at that new school, and Baekhyun could already say he wasn’t fitting in. He hadn’t made a single friend yet, and somehow people from Seoul seemed colder than everywhere else.

He had moved around a lot – due to his father’s constant relocation at work – and he had experienced a lot of different schools, but that was definitely the toughest one.

It was lunch time, and he looked out into the full cafeteria, feeling incredibly alone. He got in like and waited to get his tray of food, but he almost wished he didn’t, because he’d then be forced to find a place to sit.

With his tray in hand, and being forced to move away to clear way for the line, he looking around for empty spots. He couldn’t see none. All tables looked to have people grouped up, and even if a few had empty chairs, he felt like he’d only be butting in, and probably bother the people around.

He started to walk about, searching carefully, but already considering eating his food outside, which he hated doing.

He finally saw a table that looked empty. There were a few people blocking his vision, but he saw 4 empty chairs, which for those 6 seats tables was more than half available. He quickly moved to it, but as soon as he stepped closer he could see there was someone.

There was a single student – a gloomy looking fellow – sitting silently while he ate his food.

Baekhyun was desperate at that point, and if he sat at the very other end of the table, he wouldn’t even bother the guy.

“Excuse me. Can I sit here? There’s no other seats…”

He carefully said, in a lowered tone, almost not wanting to break the boy’s concentration. He didn’t even dare to already place his tray on the table, he’d wait for an ok.

The boy looked up to him, his large eyes staring him down. It took two whole seconds of suspense, before he gave a quick nod and went back to his food.

Baekhyun sighed in relief, sitting down and getting ready to eat. He looked over one last time, reading the boy’s name tag, which said Do Kyungsoo.

‘Thank you Do Kyungsoo. You’re a kind soul.’ Baekhyun thought to himself.

Little did both know the interesting friendship that would grow from that first encounter. From eating together at the same table every day, to going to the same collage, and to even opening a successful business that would provide a comfortable life for their old years. The two boys had no idea how fate had just pushed them together, and how their distinct personalities would complete each other in a way to lead them to success.

 

The End. 462 Words.