Empty Hatred - October 30th

365 Days of EXO Drabbles

AU.  Sequel to chapter 300 ‘One Last Time’.

 

Jongin placed a mug of coffee on the coffee table in front of the couch Sehun was sitting at, and sat of the little run-down chair across from him.

“Sorry, it’s not a really good quality, I can’t afford much.”

He said about the coffee, smiling. He was trying to act normal and friendly, but ever since Sehun walked in, the man had been acting weird. He was strange and distant, almost like he wanted to avoid him.

“Jongin.”

Sehun started, figuring that there wouldn’t be any good time to say this, so he should just get on with it.

“I have to tell you something.”

Sehun’s serious expression made Jongin stiff up. He hadn’t been in the best conditions recently, and he had been constantly getting bad news for the past two years and a half, so he felt like he couldn’t take another one.

He just didn’t respond, staring back at his friend. Sehun took that as an ok to go on.

“I don’t know how you’re going to feel about this, and I’m sorry if it makes you feel bad, but I’m not going to change.”

Sehun seriously said, and the more words that came out from his mouth, the more Jongin felt nervous. He was with this strange feeling that he was about to lose a friend, and he almost didn’t want to hear what Sehun had to say. But there was no stopping now, the truth – whatever it was – was coming out and Jongin couldn’t stop it.

“I’m dating Kyungsoo. I’m in love with him. And he likes me too.”

Sehun boldly said, staring right into Jongin’s eyes, almost in a challenging manner, though he meant no ill to his friend.

Jongin felt choked, he couldn’t respond. He just stared back, wondering what sort of emotion was being shown in his face, because inside his head he was currently feeling nothing. He had never felt so empty before.

“I’m happy for you two.”

He finally said. There was no sentiment in his words, they were as empty as his mind at the moment. He didn’t want to feel bad, he wanted to truly feel happy for the two, he really wanted for Kyungsoo to be happy. But all those feeling just weren’t translating, and he noticed disappointment in Sehun’s face.

“I better go. You should process this information for a while.”

The man said while getting up, and Jongin instinctively got up as well, his face probably still frozen up as before, but he couldn’t really tell.

“I’ll…”

 He started, trying. Suddenly his brain decided not to form sentences anymore, and he didn’t even know what he wanted to say to begin with.

“Call me when you’ve had time to think.”

Sehun said looking back.

“Or don’t. That’s your decision.”

There was clear sadness in that statement, and Jongin saw that Sehun was for real. He saw that his friend still wished to be called that, a ‘friend’, but the man himself wasn’t sure if he deserved the tittle, so he was letting it to Jongin to decide.

Jongin had no idea how to decide that. He didn’t even know what he was thinking.

Sehun left, without him even getting a chance to say bye. And so there he was, left alone, standing in his living room, a cup of untouched hot coffee steaming at the table near him.

He felt broken. That was his conclusion, he was broken. Because when he looked at Sehun just then, he thought ‘that could have been me’; he could have been the one to be happily in love with Kyungsoo. He screwed things up, he was parted.

And suddenly, he understood it. He saw and felt first-hand how Kyungsoo had probably felt after what he did. He never thought Sehun would do that, and the first feeling he assimilated after all that emptiness was betrayal.

And he felt disgusted of himself. How could he be feeling betrayed after the betrayal he caused himself? It was all happening because of him wrong doing, all of the chain of events, all of his bad luck, all the hardship he went through, was all his own fault and no one else’s.

He hated everything now. He hated his new apartment, he hated the recent couple announced; he hated himself.

 

The End. 718 Words.


AN:

There, that one more sequel I talked about ^^ These past three sequels of this scenario were based on a comment by shirubamuun, so thank you for the inspiration honey!

Weirdly, I finally feel like this is more wrapped up now :D I know it's not the best ending for Jongin, but at least the other two are happy. I think I'll probably leave it at this, unless some random inspiration strikes! Buts for now, consider this as the last one from this string of sequels~