Saying Goodbye - April 24th

365 Days of EXO Drabbles

AU. Sequel to "Say Goodbye" on chapter 108.

 

Luhan stood a few feet away from the crowd, watching the coffin. Many people had come, to pay their respects. Family, friends, everyone gathered. If not for the depressing reason, this reunion could actually have been a fun thing.

He was seeing people he hadn’t seen in years, people who he spoke to almost every day, friends who flew in from faraway places to be there.

All because of that huge fatality.

He was sad. So many people died on that fire, people he knew. And so many were still in the hospital because of it. After deep investigation, the police discovered that it wasn’t an accident. Someone caused it, and that person was still out there. Apparently, it was a huge criminal, who had already set fire to two other building prior to that one.

But why that one? Luhan had been wondering. Why did it have to be the building where Baekhyun worked? Why did the man chose that one?

It made him angry to think the criminal just picked them at random. How could someone be so terrible? How could he not care about all the pain he caused?

“Are you okay?”

A sweet voice rang near him, and he turned with a faint and tired smile.

“Baekhyun. Yeah, I’m fine, just tired. We’re been to one too many of these this week. It shouldn’t be like this.”

Luhan responded, gazing at his boyfriend. The skinny man walked closer to him, linking their arms. Luhan thanked god every day for the fact that Baekhyun wasn’t one of the victims. He would have probably killed himself if that was the case.

And Baekhyun could see it, in his eyes. He could see how much more Luhan valued him now. How scared the man was. And he felt the same scare. To be inside that building, running for his life. He was lucky to have made out with only a broken arm. He felt even luckier that he could see Luhan again.

But still, as much relief as they felt, it was still a horrible time. Many of the people who were caught in the fire were their friends, and they had been to nine funerals already. That day was still affecting them, and it probably would for a lot longer.

 

The End. 382 Words.