Blown Cover - November 3rd

365 Days of EXO Drabbles

Police AU.

 

As Kris slowly came back to consciousness, he felt difficulty breathing, and he could hear the sound of the air coming in and out through his nose as it was the only sound that ever existed.

He was pretty sure he had opened his eyes, but he could not see anything in front of him. He started dragging his hands around his body, to familiarize himself with where he was. He could feel that he was in a soft surface, and by feeling around with his hands, he quickly acknowledged it was a mattress. A very old one, as he felt rips in parts of it, and some places with a certain lack of foam.

He took one deep sharp breath, trying to get more air into his lungs, and he understood why he couldn’t breathe, remembering he had been struck in the stomach and chest more than a couple of time, as he probably had a broken rib, as that breath he took caused more pain than relief.

He failed his duty, he blew his cover. The mobsters knew he was a cop.

He just didn’t know why they hadn’t killed him yet. He didn’t see why trap him like that.

Gathering a bit of courage, he started to crawl a bit, ignoring all the pain of the broken bones he felt. He reached the end of the mattress, which was pushed against the corner of two walls. He then moved to the other side, and exited the soft padding, placing his feet on the hard and cold floor.

He stood up, reaching his arm as up as he possibly could – which wasn’t much farther up his head, as broken ribs wasn’t an easy injury to deal with – trying to check the height of the ceiling, wondering if he was in a normal sized room or in a container box.

He couldn’t reach anything, so he tried laterally. He moved, going around the outline of the mattress with his foot until he reached the wall. With one hand on it, he moved all around. It was a room – a very small one, but still a room. And he located the door, which seemed to be a strong metal door, with strong bolts. Even if he was completely okay, he wouldn’t be able to break through that door with just his body.

There was not a single window, which was why even with his eyes open wide, he couldn’t see anything. He figured they put him on a basement. He still didn’t know why though.

He hated now knowing. It was almost like some sort of torture, being left alive like this. He knew he’d get killed eventually, because the mafia he was dealing with was no child’s play, but having to wait for it to happen was cruel.

He made his way back to the mattress after going around the room twice, getting familiarized with it. He sat down, and waited. There wasn’t much he could do, expecially when he couldn’t see.

To his surprise, a sudden flash of light busted through the room, almost hurting his eyes a bit. Focusing, he saw it was coming for a small slid at the bottom of the door, which had been opened.

He saw a tray with food being pushed through, and heard some chatter on the other side. That was when the whole thing got weird. He had been dealing with the Chinese mafia, but the people outside weren’t talking Chinese. His best guess was that the words he heard were Russian, but there was no way to confirm.

Now he was more confused than before. He had no idea what had happened to him, or where he was, but it all felt uneasy. One way of the other, he couldn’t help but think he’d die soon, without much chance to defend himself.

 

The End. 643 Words.