Banana Milk - December 5th

365 Days of EXO Drabbles

AU.

 

Baekhyun slowly approached the man in the living room, trying not to make any noise as he walked. Jongdae had been mad at him for over a day already, and Baekhyun hated to say that he actually deserved it, but he did.

Jongdae had warned him to put the phone down, but Baekhyun had just continued to play with it, and toss it; and then in a split of seconds, he missed, and Jongdae’s phone made a b-line to the ground, where it smashed down so hard pieces flew off.

Needless to say, the devise was ruined – the screen in a million cracks, one of the corners completely smashed in – and Jongdae was phoneless. The man’s anger was valid, and even though Baekhyun repeated a thousand times that he would get it fixed, or even buy a new one, a grudge still remained.

That day, Baekhyun had received news that the phone would be able to get fixed after all, but bad news also came with that, since it was going to take over a week to get it back to new. Baekhyun had to tell Jongdae, because he promised to keep him updated on the whole situation – it was the man’s phone after all – but he was scared of the burning hell fire that could come out from Jongdae’s mouth after the news had been delivered.

“Hey there roomie…”

Baekhyun awkwardly called out, trying to seem calm and relaxed. He held a plastic bag behind his back, and the position of his hands and body got Jongdae’s attention.

“What?”

The man roughly answered, still not being very pleased at the sight of his phone-breaking-roommate.

“Before I start, I got something for you to drink.”

Baekhyun pulled the bag to the front, and sifted through it, removing a small milk box.

“Banana milk, from your favorite brand. I got it just for you, drink up.”

He stretched his arm out, trying to give it to the man, but Jongdae didn’t even move a muscle to grab it. Instead, he made a rather disgusted expression.

“I don’t even like banana milk, I like the chocolate one. Don’t you even know what I like?”

Jongdae could have very simply just spit in Baekhyun’s face and then pushed him to the ground that it would have had the same effect that those words had.

His plan was going wrong, and Baekhyun had started to panic, so he just placed the bag and the milk to the side, and stared at Jongdae like a deer in the highlights. He didn’t know what to do next, since he intended to ease up Jongdae’s anger with the milk. Being in such a panic state, he wasn’t able to think properly and just blurted out the news.

“Your phone will take 10 days to be fixed!”

He practically screamed out the words, and just as he expected it, Jongdae frowned.

“10 Days? God damn it! How am I supposed to be without a phone for 10 days? I have to use that thing for work, you know?”

Jongdae felt so angry he even got up; but he didn’t launch at Baekhyun to hit him like the man had expected. Instead he just stood there, looking angry.

“I better come back completely perfect, or you’re in a lot of trouble.”

Jongdae gnarled at him, puffing air out his mouth and sitting back down, ready to start ignoring Baekhyun. He knew there was nothing he could do about it, the phone was completely wrecked, and it made sense that 10 days would be necessary to get it to work again.

Baekhyun was just  immensely thankful that he didn’t get an explosion of rage, and repeatedly said he’d make sure it was perfect, before walking away quickly to avoid annoying the man even more.

 

The End. 634 Words.