Perfect - June 27th

365 Days of EXO Drabbles

AU.

 

Luhan looked out his window, the beautiful view of New York City at night greeting him with all of its light and sparkle.  He loved it there. And even though every time he looked out that window it was mostly the same view, he could spend hours in a day just look out, taking the city in.

It was a bit sad to be away from his parents, who were all the way over the country in San Francisco, but he felt like New York was his true home, so he learned to manage. Besides, if he hadn’t moved, he’d never have met Sehun.

Life was practically perfect with Sehun, he couldn’t ask for anything more. They had been dating for over 6 years, almost the same amount of time Luhan had been in this wonderful city. But even after all this time together, hearing the door to their home open, and Sehun’s voice calling him out, still made him happy.

“Have you seen the news?”

The younger asked, placing his work bag to the side, and going to sit by the window sill next to Luhan.

“No. I’ve been distracted today.”

Luhan answered thruthfully. He woke up quite a long while ago, but he hadn’t turn on any electronic devise, he just leisured around, and gazed out the window.

“Well good. That will make this even better.”

Sehun smiled, getting up and putting his hand inside his suit’s jacket, searching for something in the pocket inside. Luhan looked at him with expectation. He always enjoyed when Sehun had a surprise for him.

But this was definitely something he did not expect.

The younger took out a small velvet box, perfect to fit a ring in, and got down on one knee. No words were necessary for Luhan to understand what was going on.

“Same- marriage has just been legalized in the entire country, and I feel like there is no more appropriate time than this. I’ve been thinking about this a long time, and I’ve been trying to come with a good thing to say, but it all sound stupid…”

Sehun started to open the little box to reveal the ring, wearing his heart inside it as well, completely open for Luhan to take.

“So I decided to just make it simple. I love you. I love you so much, that I want to spent the rest of my life with you, and make sure that you’re the happiest you can be.”

Luhan’s eyes started to tear up, and he reached over to hold the ring’s box, and with it, Sehun’s hand.

“Luhan, will you marry me?”

Sehun finally asked, and Luhan smiled, the tears starting to roll down. He moved over to hug Sehun, not caring that now both were kneeling on the floor. Nothing else cared in that moment. It was perfect. And he only had one word.

“Yes.”

 

The End. 482 Words.


AN:

Let's all celebrate the good news shall we? The legalization of same- marriage in a huge country like that is something really big and important, and lets hope that the rest of the world follows!

Ps. I know same marriage was already legal in NY, but I just love the idea of HunHan living in NY so much that I had to use it <3