Happy Birthday! - September 21st

365 Days of EXO Drabbles

AU.

 

Jongdae took his time to open his eyes after he woke up, tossing and turning on his bed, enjoying the fact he didn’t have to get up at all if he didn’t want. His birthday had falling on a Monday, but his boss gave him the day off, which just made it all better. He was getting to sleep in on a Monday morning.

“Good mooorniiing~”

A sweet voice called to him in a sing-song tone, making he finally wish to open his eyes and see.

He turned to the door with a smile, looking at his girlfriend as she carried a tray with food to the bed.

“Hmmm, breakfast in bed. Fancy.”

He commented, sliding up and trying to be in a more sited position. His girlfriend placed the table properly in front of him, and sat on the bed too, with her legs crossed and facing him.

“Happy birthday.”

She said, a kind and sweet smile on her face. He smiled back, and with his finger, he motioned her to come closer. She promptly did so, leaning in for a nice kiss.

“It all looks delicious.”

Jongdae said as she sat back down on the bed. He started digging into it, offering her a piece of everything before he actually ate it. Here and there she’d take a bite, but she allowed him to eat most of it, since she had specially prepared it all for him.

They talked, and laughed, both feeling in a really light and playful mood.

“Hey, there’s something though!”

She started, getting his attention, as her tone sounded more serious.

“I was searching all week, and I just couldn’t find anything good enough to be your present.”

She said with a huge pout. He was about to answer her that it was okay, he didn’t need a present. Just having her take the day off and be with him was more than enough. But she didn’t even let him get started, as she continued to speak.

“So I thought, we could go out and you could pick what you want yourself, and I’ll get it for you.”

She then smiled brightly, sounding very proud of her own simple idea. Jongdae initially nodded, but there was a hint of mischief in his face.

“Oooor….”

He started, a naughty smile growing on her face, and equally passing onto her face as she observed him.

“We could just stay in.”

He simply said, inciting her response.

“And what about your present?”

And to that, he smirked, letting her know his intentions before even speaking.

“I can think of some things…”

He coyly said, reaching to place his hand behind her neck, and pulling her in for another kiss, this time more intimate.

 

The End. 456 Words.