The Job - July 15th

365 Days of EXO Drabbles

Police/Detective AU.

 

Being a detective was something Kris had wanted ever since he was young. It was a glorified profession in his eyes, and he never felt happier than when he got the news that he was being promoted. After years of training, and years of work in the police force, all his hard work paid off. He was, and had been for a while now, a homicide detective.

But things weren’t quite as they were shown in the TV shows. He knew that well even before becoming one, but the longer he was on duty, the more he noticed so many flaws.

Nothing was simple, there was days he couldn’t do nothing because he was waiting for lab results, an immense amount of paperwork after the cases, and the nasty lawyers.

Because making an arrest wasn’t good enough. He needed proof, and a lot of it, otherwise the bastard with a good lawyer would just walk free.

But among all the bad things he could find, nothing could compare to right at the beginning on the case. It was bad enough to know that a horrible crime had been committed, but it was also his job to call the family.

Calling someone’s parents and telling them their child is dead is the saddest thing he had to do. It was hard, he never knew what was right to say. He couldn’t even think about going through something like that, how it felt to receive such news.

But he did it. Because it was his job.

And even though the profession wasn’t as golden and glorified as it used to be for him, he had more respect for it now. It was hard work, but it paid off. Because at the end of the day, he had the satisfaction of knowing he put a murderer behind bars, and made the world a bit better.

 

The End. 312 Words.


AN:

Hey guys!

Per request of texturedjeans, chapters 191 and 190 are each being turned into oneshots! 

I've updated the list on the foreword ^^ <3

ps. I'll leave the poll on 'Domestic Pet War' going for a few more days, probably until it makes a full week, so if you haven't voted yet got to the AN on chapter 194 and pick your favorite option!