When One Main Vocal is Sick… - August 28th

365 Days of EXO Drabbles

 

Baekhyun sniffed a couple of times, barely able to pull any air in through his nostrils. He reached for the box of tissues he had previously placed on the coffee table, taking a few and bringing it up to his face, blowing his nose. The action made a rather loud – and definitely not pretty – noise, getting the attention of the other members in the living room.

“Wow, it’s really bad hyung. You’re worse than yesterday now.”

Jongin mentioned, picking up the closest trash bin and taking it to baekhyun, so the older wouldn’t just throw the dirty tissue on the coffee table like he had been doing for the past hour.

“Thanks…”

Baekhyun started, putting the tissue in his hand in the trash, and collecting all the others around to dispose of them too.

“I feel awful.”

He continued, his stuffed nose and hoarse throat making him sound weird.

“Look,”

Jongdae started, speaking from as far away as possible.

“I do wish for you to get better, and if I could I would take care of you nicely, but I’m gonna have to ask for you to stay very away far away from me.”

He boldly said, getting a judgmental look from Jongin who was currently filled with the need to swaddle Baekhyun and tenderly care to him. That happened when he saw sick people. And puppies too.

“I don’t want to be so mean! But I can’t catch his cold! If I do, then I won’t be able to sing! I’d go crazy!”

Jongdae justified himself, but Jongin still didn’t look very pleased with it.

“It makes you crazy, he’s right…”

Baekhyun started, his voice cracking at the beginning of the sentence.

“I’m frustrated because I can’t sing right now… Plus, the company would also go crazy if another main vocal fell sick at the same week.”

Baekhyun said, and then a completely pitiful look appeared on his face.

“I better just stay away from everyone…”

He knew the right thing to do, but being sick was bad enough already, so thinking he’d have to isolate himself from everyone made him sad.

 

The End.353 Words.