A Song For You - August 5th

365 Days of EXO Drabbles

 

Chanyeol settled himself on the bed, his guitar in hand. He played a few cords, mumbling an unrecognizable melody. He had rehearsed a lot, but he was getting nervous, and scared of forgetting the song, or the lyrics.

When he felt he was ready – at least as ready as he could possibly get – he took a deep breath, in attempt to calm down, and called out.

“Honey? Can you come in here?”

He waited, hearing his girlfriend getting up from the couch and making her way to him.

“Yeah?”

She asked as soon as she appeared by the door, smiling at him.

“Can you seat? I want to play you something.”

He pointed to a chair which he had carefully placed right in front of him.

“Of course, gladly!”

She answered, rushing to the special seat. He knew she loved to hear the things he composed, even if they weren’t the greatest songs, and seeing her eager to listen like that made him feel more at ease. She always made him comfortable.

“Here I go.”

He said, and started playing. He had worked very hard on that song, thinking of her for inspiration. The lyrics were about an endless love, and the feeling of never wanting to be parted. He made sure to add a lot of his own character to it, so she certainly knew that it was about them.

As he played, he wasn’t scared of screwing up anymore. It just flowed out, his feeling easily coming through. He went into a trance, letting the music take him.

When he was done, he took another nervous breath, as his mind came back to earth. He looked at his girlfriend to see what she thought, but what he saw surprised him. She had tears in her eyes, and that vision made him start to panic.

“Oh god, I’m sorry! Was it bad? I’ll never play it again!”

He put the guitar aside, going to her.

“No. It wasn’t bad, it was beautiful.”

She answered, getting up. She smiled, looking up as a tear rolled down her cheek.

“I’m crying because I’m touched. There are happy tears.”

She continued, reaching forward and cuddling in his strong arms.

He immediately relaxed again, the panic going away, his heart suddenly filling with happiness as well.

“I wrote that because of you. Only for you.”

He started, holding onto her gently.

“I love you.”

He completed, pulling her away so he could look at the beautiful face that he adored so much.

“I love you too.”

She answered, leaning over, tiptoeing so she could kiss him on the lips.

 

The End. 436 Words.