Friend in Need - March 8th

365 Days of EXO Drabbles

AU.

 

Sehun sniffled, his eyes and nose still reddish and swollen from having cried too much. He sat on the couch between Tao and Kris, watching a movie, but not really paying attention to anything, a very heavy gloomy aura surrounding him.

Kris wasn’t watching the screen either. He impatiently tapped his foot, and glanced at Sehun, then to his boyfriend Tao. But none seemed to notice his discomfort.

“I’m going to drink some water.”

He stated, getting no attention from Sehun, but making a gesture as soon as his eyes met Tao’s.

He went ahead and waited for Tao to follow him unto the kitchen. He wasn’t thirsty, he just needed a chance to speak to the other where Sehun couldn’t hear them.

“Why is he still here?”

Kris asked in exasperation, whispering even though the sniffling boy definitely couldn’t hear them.

“He’s still sad! I told you, his girlfriend just broke up with him, it’s not easy to get over that so quick.”

Tao whispered back, peeking into the living room to see if Sehun was still ok or if he had started crying again. The boy was completely still, staring at the TV screen.

“I know, but it’s been 4 hours! And he stopped crying a long while ago. Don’t you think it’s time to send him home?”

Kris responded, and flinched as Tao moved to hit his arm.

“I can’t do that! He lives alone, and he’s in no state to be left by himself right now!”

Kris sighed, and was almost about to let it go, but he got a second wind as he remembered how Sehun interrupted their couple time.

“Then just take him to his mother’s house! Hell, you can take him to my  mother’s house if you want, just get him out of here.”

Tao stomped his feet, looking anxious, and quite torn, but in the end he knew what to do. He couldn’t just abandon his friend in that sad moment.

“I’m sorry. You can leave if you want, and we can have our date on another day so I can make it up to you.”

Tao looked very resolved, and Kris sighed again, now fully ready to give up.

“No, that’s fine. I’ll stay. Let’s take care of him.”

He said, putting his arm around Tao’s shoulder, and moving back into the living room.

 

The End. 393 Words.