Wake Up Mommy - August 2nd

365 Days of EXO Drabbles

Family AU.

 

Minseok was in the kitchen, making a delicious breakfast for him and his kids. His wife was still asleep, and he intended to leave her that way. It was her day off from work, and he had promised to take care of the kids alone, and take them to school, so she could get a bit more of sleep.

“Kids, come eat.”

He called out as he put the last plate on the table. He didn’t have to call loudly, because the kids were nearby in the living room, watching TV, as he had left them while he went to cook.

He waited a bit, but only the oldest, his daughter, came. She sat on the kitchen table and was about to dig in, when her father interrupted her with a question.

“Where’s your brother?”

Minseok asked, already moving toward the living room, and he could see that the little boy wasn’t there.

“He’s in front of your bedroom door.”

His daughter answered and started eating, not caring to wat until everyone was at the table.

Minseok went to the hallway, seeing his soon standing by the door of the master room, which was ajar. He approached him, seeing that the little boy was staring at his mother, who peacefully slept on the bed.

“What are you doing buddy?”

Minseok whispered, crouching next to his son and bringing him to an embrace.

“I wanted to tell her something, but she’s sleeping. I want her to wake up, but I don’t want to wake her up.”

The boy said, wrapping his arms around Minseok’s neck, and gluing himself to him.

Minseok took thins cue to lift him up, and started carrying him back to the kitchen.

“You’ll tell her when she wakes up. Do you want to tell me what it is too, or only to mommy?”

Minseok couldn’t help but smile at how sweet his son was. He adored how the boy understood that his mother needed to rest, and didn’t just go wake her up without thinking.

“No~. It a secret for mommy~.”

His son cutely whined, and Minseok laughed, placing him on the chair in front of the plate full of food.

“Ok then. You’ll tell her when you get back from school.”

He said, and his son nodded vigorously.

“Now eat your breakfast, we have to leave soon.”

 

The End. 391 Words.