Inside and Out - August 17th

365 Days of EXO Drabbles

AU.

 

Jongin was laid back, resting on his boyfriend’s couch. He watched as Joonmyun moved across the living room, tidying up. Since Jongin had cooked, and also done the dishes, Joonmyun told him to rest for a while, and then started cleaning his house.

The younger had his gaze fixed, and as time passed, Joonmyun noticed it more and more. It was almost to the point of becoming burdensome. Feeling a bit peeved from being constantly asked, Joonmyun couldn’t hold it in anymore, and had to stop moving.

He started back at Jongin, hoping that the man would say something. But Jongin just stared back, a faint smile on his kind face.

“Why are you staring like that?”

The older asked, smiling nervously, feeling awkward with their silent gazes exchange.

“You are a really beautiful person, you know?”

Jongin started, his smile growing.

Joonmyun blushed, laughing nervously as he looked away. He’d never heard something like that so directly, especially from Jongin, who was often a little more reserved.

“T-thanks…”

He quietly said, wanting to go back to tidying so he didn’t feel so self-conscious; but Jongin wasn’t done yet.

“And I don’t say that only because you’re hot,”

He said that with a naughty smirk on his face, making Joonmyun laugh loudly. That helped the older to relax a bit, and carefully hear what was coming next.

“I said that because you truly are beautiful on the inside too. You’re amazing.”

Jongin chuckled, his eyes still adoring his shy boyfriend, who was starting to blush hard.

“What’s gotten into you?”

Joonmyun asked, walking over to the couch. He couldn’t take the smile off his face. He felt very happy then and there, with that random declaration, and he was sure that his day couldn’t get any better.

“Nothing’s gotten into me. It’s just the truth. I think it all the time, so I thought I should say it for you to hear too.”

Jongin sat up, giving space for Joonmyun to sit next to him. The two were smiling, and the vibe around them was of pure love and happiness.

“Thank you. And for the record, I think you’re beautiful too. On the inside and out.”

Joonmyun said. The two then leant back on the couch, leaning into each other and relaxing, enjoying the good energy that surrounded them.

 

The End. 389 Words.