Doggy Day Care - September 11th

365 Days of EXO Drabbles

(LATE)

AU.

 

Luhan was deeply infatuated with the young boy who worked at the doggy day care.

He first came to the place with the intention to get his dog – A black mini-poodle called Nana – to socialize with other dogs, since a lot of people told him that was a good thing, and would help her be more obedient. But once he caught sight of the tanned dark-haired boy, who stood so tall in between his co-workers, it was game over. Kim Jongin was beautiful and affectionate, and Luhan only wished that one day, someone would treat him the same way Jongin treated the dogs; because that way he’d know he was truly loved.

Now Luhan had to go back there. And so he turned it into a twice a week thing. Nana seemed to really enjoy it, so that was a plus, but the real prize about the whole thing was getting to see Jongin, and talk to him for a bit every time he dropped off or picked up Nana.

“Hello~!”

A couple of voices greeted when he walked in, but his attention quickly turned to Jongin, whom just by Luhan’s luck, was working the counter that afternoon, and not in the back with the dogs. They always talked more when Jongin was behind the counter; it was like the boy gave him more attention.

“Hi.”

He said as he approached him. And without Luhan even having to ask, the worker who stood next to Jongin started walking to the back.

“I’ll get Nana, sir. Just a moment.”

He said, slightly pushing Jongin back to the counter once the boy tried to go back as well.

Luhan rested his hands on the counter, giving a shy smile to Jongin – who gladly replied – and then looking down at the fliers on the surface. There was a different one, and it caught his attention, since it only had poodles in it.

“Ah, you’ll definitely like this.”

Jongin said, noticing the flier Luhan was looking at and picking it up to give to the older.

“It’s a get together. We have then every once in a while, and this time it’s a poodle special. I’m sure Nana would love it, there’ll be all sort of fancy treat and stuff.”

Jongin started. That was all information he had to memorize, but he didn’t sound stiff at all as he continued to give details.

“A lot of business come too; vets and doggy salons, and such. And they hand out fliers and coupons, so it’s nice.”

Luhan smiled brighter the more he heard. Jongin’s voice was wonderful, and he was talking in such a smooth but exciting way, that there was no way for Luhan to not get happy along with him.

“That’s sounds cool.”

He said, and Jongin smile grew.

“It is. I’ll be there.”

The boy said. He couldn’t notice, but a spark lit up on Luhan’s face. It was a nice opportunity to spend more time with Jongin, instead of quick small talk as always.

“I think I’ll go to! You make it sound really fun!”

Luhan excitedly said, toning his expression down a bit after, being afraid that if he was too happy about it Jongin would find him weird.

“Nice! I’ll see you there then.”

The boy kindly said.

 

The End. 549 Words.